LeMons * Sears Pointless, Sunday Results...

Rupunzell

Bernice Loui
This is the results sheet as of 2:20 PM on Sunday..

I don't want to hear any more wining or what ever about "slow X1/9".
We ran 7th overall late Sunday afternoon .. just ahead of Evil Genius Racing's (yes they are a pro race shop) Porsche 928 and their V8 powered Volvo..

The X1/9 is the smallest displacement car in this group.. The results says a lot about our drivers too...

sundayresultssearspoint.jpg

Congrats to the team!!

So I guess that means you won your class and came in 7th overall? At least that's how I read the results. Very impressive. You have been improving every race. :)

Na, we had a "Problem" late Saturday.. which I will write about later.

I have never seen this kind of a failure in a X1/9 transaxle.. 4th gear dissolved... and the car ran basically stuck in 3rd gear for over 3 hours on the track..

So I guess that means you won your class and came in 7th overall? At least that's how I read the results. Very impressive. You have been improving every race. :)

Well,, we really don't know what the official overall car finishing position is yet.

They had timing and scoring problems again...

Regardless, winning is not the focus point of LeMons racing. The focus of LeMons is for all to have FUN and a safe race. This is why "themes' are done and the BS judging and etc... it's not about winning. For many teams to simply finish a LeMons race is a HUGE accomplishment for all involved.

IMO, auto motor sports has been lacking a sense of humor for far too long. Jay Lamm's idea of doing this was so on target and so needed.

For me, the LeMons X became an opportunity to tinker again with a X1/9 race car, for the drivers a chance to drive at a endurance race and experience what real racing is all about, for the crew and others who join in the FUN.. it's precisely that, a chance to dress up, make new friends, drink beer share great food together and simply socialize with other car folks..

I think this image of two LeMons judges and the Wrench Fairy (me) sums up much of what LeMons is all about..

judgejohnymurleethewrenb.jpg

:grouphug:
Bernice

Congrats on 7th overall. The sheet shows some stiff competition! And congrats on your drivers!!

-Tim

Back