Let’s talk motorcycles.

addictedpunk

Daily Driver
Just curious what some of you ride.

My dad and I have 4 bikes in the stable.

1982 Honda GL500 Interstate
2005 Yamaha FJR1300
2014 Yamaha Bolt XVS950

And I just picked up this 2015 Yamaha Super Ténéré on Friday.
IMG_3213.jpeg

Looking to do some long trips on the Super Ten.

Nothing special in my collection any more - just some Honda 350 twins from the 70's. A CB, a CL, and a SL, but naturally (for me) all have been customized into something different from where they started.

I only have a Lego Ducati now. In my prior life I had more bikes than I can count. Highlights would be my Honda CBX, Ducati 860GT (horrible bike), Yamaha SR500 roadracer, Yamaha XS650 street/vintage racer, Kawasaki GPZ500, Yamaha XV920RH and a cast of thousands.

Lanciahf, you got rid of probably the only bike that you actually should have kept....loser.

Bike had one major flaw, electrics. Well other than it wanted to kill you but I drove that thing with such respect. I was proud to be the slowest Ducati rider around.

Anyway electric problems galore with no real troubleshooting path. Seems like the only way to troubleshoot it was throw new parts at it.

I miss that thing every day. Open the garage door and it would snarl. Best 15 minutes ride ever. I was exhausted after 15 minutes.

I Ride a couple Indians. I have a 1953 Chief I restored. It was my stepdad's, he was an Indian dealer, till Indian went out of business in 53. The other one is a 2017 Roadmaster. I have a 1969 Moto Guzzi I need to get running.
083A7811.jpeg

67234083437__AB4D8CDB-188C-4D8F-B10C-75E56CF272F4.jpg

2007 Ducati 1098
2004 BMW R1150RT
1983 & 1981 BMW R100RS
1980 BMW R80
1997 Harley softail custom
2005 custom 113 CID Harley

Being drivers of small Fiats on this forum it's interesting how many of you ride Harleys, Indians and other big bikes. You would think we were all buzzing around on Vintage 175 Ducatis or maybe a Yamaha RD 350 for really getting down the road.

Lanciahf, you would have loved my SR500 in race trim. It had a magneto to run the ignition so the only wiring was a kill switch.....and of course, Japanese reliability.

Cool, my cousin had a Road Toad I think. Didn't they have a reverse shift pattern? One up, four down?
Yep, the early models like the Ace 90, Ace 100, and Super Rat did. Around 1972 they switched to a normal pattern. I used to have a BSA with the shifter on the opposite side. That took some getting used to.

Yep, the early models like the Ace 90, Ace 100, and Super Rat did. Around 1972 they switched to a normal pattern. I used to have a BSA with the shifter on the opposite side. That took some getting used to.
OK so I have heard BSA's called "Beezers". Any link between that and your handle "beezee"?

Had a 900 Kawasaki eliminator. That thing ripped. It was a straight line factory muscle bike. With a 900 ninja motor and 6speed trans geared to get up and go. Used a roll a tape and measured a burnout starting from 5mph. 70' first gear and 50' second gear then let off. Oh my younger years.

OK so I have heard BSA's called "Beezers". Any link between that and your handle "beezee"?
Good guess, but a coincidence. My initials are B.Z.

I used to have several British bikes, but I sold them when I decided I no longer deserved to be mechanically punished. They used to have their own fastener specification "British Cycle Thread", and the control levers (Doherty) and carburetors (Amal) even had their own specification for fasteners. I still have a set of Whitworth sockets and wrenches in my tool box. Then in the early 70's they started adding SAE fasteners. I have no idea why they did this as parts fell off regardless.

Then there was the time I was on the highway when my Triumph decided to break a piston ring and lock up the motor. I quickly grabbed the clutch to allow the rear wheel to start spinning again. My buddy give me ride home which I graciously accepted even though it violated the "2 ball rule".

Being drivers of small Fiats on this forum it's interesting how many of you ride Harleys, Indians and other big bikes. You would think we were all buzzing around on Vintage 175 Ducatis or maybe a Yamaha RD 350 for really getting down the road.

Lanciahf, you would have loved my SR500 in race trim. It had a magneto to run the ignition so the only wiring was a kill switch.....and of course, Japanese reliability.
I also have a 1971 Ducati 250 Scrambler but it isn't on the road right now.

Back