Life got in the way

Huey

True Classic
I bought my '87 early this year and immediately began making quick progress on the restoration. But now life has gotten in the way.

A couple of months ago, my wife, Sara, was suffering from severe abdominal pain. The docs kept thinking it was GI related but the pain kept getting worse until she ended up in the ER. Turns out it was ovarian cancer that had spread throughout the peritoneal cavity and attached to everything in the abdomen -- colon, intestines, etc.

With her pain and now chemo treatments along with some complications along the way (blood clots, fluid in the lungs) I have been Mr. Mom and caretaker. The car, obviously, has taken a back seat.

I'm close to finishing. The mechanics and electrical stuff are complete. The interior is ready to go back together, and the brakes are now fully functional. I was hoping to be in body work mode by now.

I'm considering selling my '59 Jeep CJ5 that I completely restored to make more room in the garage and to help with the medical bills that are beginning to pile up.

If all goes well, they should be able to operate by January and then she will be in remission and I can get back to the Fiat. I would like to get it complete and attend some of the events around this area.

Cheers!
Chris (aka Huey)

Hi Chris,

I will add you and your wife to my list of folks to think good thoughts about. I hope all goes well with her treatments and that things will return to whatever passes for "normal" Hueyworld in the coming new year. Best wishes!

Our thoughts are certainly with you and your wife.

I have had to take a hiatus from car stuff for much more mundane reasons but look forward to getting beyond them to start again in the spring.

My wife and I have had a few health things that required a pause in what passes for our normal life and have thankfully moved beyond them for now. I hope the same will come to pass for both of you.

All the best.

Karl

You have my best wishes and healing thoughts and prayers for your wife's recovery. Don't neglect your own needs though, you have to care for yourself so that you can be there for her and others.
-Christopher

Sending my thoughts and prayers to your family. May your wife get well very soon. Anyway, were you able to sell the vehicle?

Thanks everyone. One day at a time. I have managed to get a little bit of garage time in and the X1/9 project is still moving forward...albeit slowly.

Back