Likely no BFI, so...

Coupefan

True Classic
I'll be quick. Best of France and Italy is a no go. I've been in discussion with a few individuals regarding some safe and scaled down replacement. I need somewhat of an informal vote to gauge interest on two possibilities for a minimum contact Italian car gathering. And please, voice any concerns or ideas.

1. I've come across grocery store parking lot car gatherings in recent months. People spaced two or so car lengths apart, sitting on lawn chairs screaming over the distance at each other. One caveat: property security may object to a gathering.

2. A canyon run, as a few Southern California Fiat organizations have done in the past. We've all safely tucked away in our cars.

Thoughts please.

For years I've not been able to attend the BFI show because it always falls on the same weekend as the conclusion of the SEMA Show, and there is too much going on clearing out the SEMA stuff. In all the years of its existence I think I've only made two BFI's; one year the schedule was a bit different for SEMA so it gave me more time, another year I tried to squeeze it in by driving there at night (after a long SEMA week), seeing the show for a couple hours, then driving back the same day (I'll never try that again). And it isn't just BFI, there is another great (German) car show that same weekend every year with the same schedule conflict. This year SEMA has been cancelled. So I thought great, I'll finally be able to make BFI and the German show. Guess not. :(

To be perfectly honest if there is a small parking lot gathering I won't make the 5 hour drive to see it. But I certainly hope something can be arranged to make it happen for everyone else. ;)

I'm always available for a canyon run, but seeing as how most of angeles forest is on fire, who knows if they'll open those roads up in the near future. We can also drive up and down the coast. Maybe go to Ventura or something. What worries me is that we won't really be able to gather to have a meal.

Back