Limited Edition 1978 Fiat X1/9 – Concour Condition – By Midwest-Bayless

Up for sale is a concour condition 1978 Fiat X1/9 with only 24,000 miles.

This car is has been maintained by Midwest-Bayless on behalf of its current owner since 2009. The car is title and registered in Ontario, Canada, but is physically located in Columbus, Ohio. If you’re Canadian, just drive it back home! Canadian export of the vehicle to the USA, Europe, Australia or Japan otherwise.

78-x-x.jpg

The car is factory Argento (silver) with Parchment/Brown interior, factory issue decals and limited edition badge, signifying that is was the very last of the “Series 1” X19s for the North American market, produced in July, 1978. A few weeks after this car was produced, Fiat moved to the “Series 2” styling.

78-x-n.jpg

The 1300cc engine runs great and gets super mileage. The chassis rides comfortably around town or on the highway. The transmission shifts smoothly. It has nearly perfect exterior and interior, and is 100% stock. This is a reliable, mechanically sound car that is a proven national-level show winner.

78-x-l.jpg

You can spend a lot of time and money restoring a worn-out X19, or you can save yourself the headaches and begin enjoying this show-winning car right now.

78-x-c.jpg

Body and Undercarriage
The body is straight, and does not have collision damage or rust of any sort. It has been undercoated by the original owner, and is 100% solid. The finish is bright. The original silkscreened badges and limited edition sticker are colorful.

78-x-p.jpg

The right front fender has been repainted, but you have to look extremely closely to notice. A dealer-option luggage rack was fitted onto the decklid. A small ding on the left rear corner.

78-x-t.jpg

All of the plastic trims are in perfect condition, with nothing broken or repaired. Original fuel tank cap. All lights and lenses are clear and unblemished.The metal air dam is unrusted and plastic honeycomb grille is original. Bumpers are in great condition, with no scratches, gouges or stress cracks. A small ding near the driver’s door.

Floor pans and underside have been completely rust-proofed with no evidence of rust or corrosion.

78-x-aa.jpg

Engine and Cooling System:
Original 1300cc engine SOHC engine with 32 DMTRA mechanical carburetor. Midwest-Bayless has replaced the new timing belt, performed a full carburetor ultrasonic cleaning and rebuild, and serviced the belts and hoses.

78-x-r.jpg

Engine bay carburetor cooling fan works correctly. Original stainless steel coolant reservoir (a 1978-only) option. The cooling system has a clean bill of health, with rock-solid temperatures and a fan that works correctly.

78-x-q.jpg

Motor runs great, starts easily every time, no smoke or knocks. Stock 49-State NON-CATALYST exhaust.

78-x-a.jpg

Electricals:
Circuits in great shape, with excellent voltages, even with wipers, lights and heater fan on. Headlights are bright, all accessories and lights work. Headlights pop up and down just as expected, all cabin switches work perfectly. Dealer Accessory fog lights in the front are activated by the factory issue “Accessory” switch in the center console.

78-x-g.jpg

Transmission / Clutch / Driveline:
The 4-Speed manual transmission is in excellent condition, and shifts flawlessly up and down with no synchronizer issues. Rear transmission mount, driveshafts, and CV joints are all in great condition. Clutch feels good with no issues.

78-x-bb.jpg

Steering / Suspension / Tires / Wheels / Brakes:
The suspension is stock and has been fully inspected by Midwest-Bayless. All ball joints, bushings, and tie-rod ends are in good condition with no issues. Brakes and brake lines are like new, and pedal is firm. New 165/70/13 tires have been fitted, and have under 250 miles. Original wheels with original FIAT center caps.

Interior / Top:
The one-year-only “Parchment/Brown” interior is in great shape. No wear, cuts or damage to the upholstery. Until 18,000 miles, the seats were still in plastic coverings! Original brown, blemish-free dashboard. Original brown carpet in excellent condition with no indication of wear, stains or damage.

78-x-j.jpg

78-x-h.jpg

Window regulators and handles work smoothly. The car was fitted by the factory with improved late style front hood release and seat adjusters, one of the last engineering changes for the Series 1 cars. Original factory-correct door weatherstripping. All glass is perfect and absent any blemishes, chips or lamination issues.

Targa top is in excellent condition with no blemishes or chips. The top does not have a headliner, making it easier to handle and stow in the front trunk.

Front and Rear Trunks:
The front and rear trunk were undercoated by the original owner. All plastic and metal covers for battery, relay block and headlights are original and undamaged.

78-x-m.jpg

The rear trunk was sprayed with black spatter paint to improve the appearance. Rear trunk contains the original jack and tool kit.

78-x-o.jpg

This car is ready for reliable daily driving and the summer car show circuit.

The car will be sold to the best offer above $9,000.

Contact us if you have questions at 800-241-1446 (614-784-8870) or parts*midwest-bayless.com

Very Interested

I was just wondering if this was still for sale. My dad used to road race one of these cars back in the day and unfortunately had to sale it a couple years ago due to financial problems. I am working this summer while college is out and it would really mean a lot if I was able to accomplish this dream of mine to find a car like his. I've been searching for the car he sold for a year or so and its disappeared. So it would mean a lot if I found a car like his to give to him, because I saw how upset he was when he sold it. And if it was sold I would gladly buy it for the person you sold it too.

Contact us.... - 614-784-8870

This car sold a long while ago to an customer in Louisiana who I'm pretty sure will not part with it.

However, we have some other cars available, one that is much nicer than this one, so give us a call:

614-784-8870

parts*midwest-bayless.com

looks like a relative to my originally argento colored '78 four speed. I have the old style trunk pulls and nthe seats are dark with light inserts...

Back