Looking for

Go Irish

True Classic
Looking for answers. I am rebuilding a 1986 bertone x the bumpers are black however the trim on the front windshield is silver is this correct? if not I am looking for NOS (if possible) front and rear silver bumpers.
Second I am looking for NOS once again if possible left and right side air vents.

Thanks for your help in advance

Yes, this is correct for 84-88 x's

If you wanted, you can remove windshiels, side window, and sail trim and black it out, OR you could remove bumpers and media blast (they are just al) and polish the bumpers...

Are you sure?

The windshield trim on my '87 Corsa is black. Not sure if that's how it came from the factory, but it's how it came to me. Matches the rest of the trim.

Rear sail trim, side window trim, bumpers... all black.

windsheild trim black only in 87. 85 got stainless front and rear, and 86 got stainless front and black rear (mix and match and possible "use the rest of those before these")

I think what Kevin means is the factory often finished using the left over trim part from model years. So there are many cars that have the leftover silver trim with the black bumpers.

Silver trim ended in 84-late into 85....86 and up should have the black matte trim.

I have spare bumpers from an 85

and they are black just like the 1986 model. Let me know if you want them.
Greg posted my 1986 so you can see what the color scheme is.
Not sure why they want to black trim on the rear but I like the silver trim around the windshield. The black trim on the later models waas stainless like all the rest, only painted.

Back