LOVE my car

I've had her now about 3 weeks, she's starting to run well and I'm having fun.
We took her out on a bit of a curvy road, and I had to say I was almost disappointed that she straightened out the curves so well. I did say *almost*. We had lots of fun.
I'm so glad we found this car! Here's hoping I can upload a picture... Yes, she needs lots of work, LOTS of work, but we're slowly getting there.
">

Ya know, Rhonda...

Your X is not exactly the "prettiest" one I've seen... so that makes its driving performance an even greater asset in your "eyes"...

Good to hear and see... You are obviously an intelligent woman that can see through the surface into the heart of the machine.

Continued success and keep having fun... We all share and have lived out this same passion!

Love is definitely the right word with these cars :heart::eek::help:
I had a Honda Prelude a few years back, that was my favorite car, but we had to sell it. It WAS my favorite car, but the X far outstrips the performance and wow factor of the Prelude. Oh yes, this car I am hopelessly in love with.

Your X is not exactly the "prettiest" one I've seen... so that makes its driving performance an even greater asset in your "eyes"...

Good to hear and see... You are obviously an intelligent woman that can see through the surface into the heart of the machine.

Continued success and keep having fun... We all share and have lived out this same passion!
No, she's definitely not the prettiest. But she's FUN. I'm leaning towards a bright green when I paint her. Not black, I live in the desert. (Though in a couple of years I'm hoping to move to Oregon). Not red, everyone has a red sports car.
Oh! Pulling things apart it would appear she has been two other colors before. Looks like she started out life as a yellow car, then someone painted her... baby blue... :(

Yellow IS nice! Baby blue... not so much. I thought about yellow, and about orange too, but bright green is my favorite color.
And, as long as she is the only X in town (and she really is, population around 7000) she's already distinctive. Why not make her fun as well?
Your car is very nice, what year is she?

Mine is a 79 with the bumpers changed to 74 style. I like the green too. I had a really hard time deciding between the two when I was choosing colours. The deciding factor for me was to keep it close to the original.

I might paint my 128 the bright green like Marks or Andrews..

Like this

1974x19.jpg

Mine is a 79 with the bumpers changed to 74 style. I like the green too. I had a really hard time deciding between the two when I was choosing colours. The deciding factor for me was to keep it close to the original.

I might paint my 128 the bright green like Marks or Andrews..

Like this

1974x19.jpg
Oh very nice. I'm thinking a bit brighter in the green department, though maybe not much. Is that a bit metallic?

Thats a stock Fiat colour for 1974. IIRC they did not use metalics in that era.
Must be my monitor or tired eyes. Yeah, I'm going with the latter. I like the straight green. I have a book on X1/9's that shows the green with black stripes/blocks on the median line, but I think the car is too small to add things like that onto. I want to keep it clean looking.

If you're planning a move to Oregon

enjoy being the only one in town where you are for a little while.

Here in Oregon (Eugene, specifically) they're EVERYWHERE. Like, we arranged a lunch last week and had TWO in the same parking lot!

We should have had four, but one guy brushed us off to, get this, go to work. :wacko: :)

The other guy drove this funny boxy thing that said FIAT but didn't look much like an X1/9. :nana: :)

Really, there is a pretty good following here for being a fairly rare car.

enjoy being the only one in town where you are for a little while.

Here in Oregon (Eugene, specifically) they're EVERYWHERE. Like, we arranged a lunch last week and had TWO in the same parking lot!

We should have had four, but one guy brushed us off to, get this, go to work. :wacko: :)

The other guy drove this funny boxy thing that said FIAT but didn't look much like an X1/9. :nana: :)

Really, there is a pretty good following here for being a fairly rare car.
Haha! Eugene is probably where we'll end up moving in a couple of years!
I don't know why anyone would want to go to work, to get money to put into their X's.... Ahem, I mean pay bills.

Back