Low Mileage X for sale on Facebook

Link didn't work for me but it looks like it's in Janesville Wisconsin. That's a little SW of Milwaukee and not far from Rockford Illinois. Within spitting distance of Blackhawk Farms race track.....

Link didn't work either for me, but maybe because I don't have a facebook account. From the pic, it's a 1979. I don't know if these are only reflects or if there are some rust bubbles in the front of the rear wheel arch... maybe not, just a reflexion.

Last edited:
Here's the proper link:
I'm at Blackhawk Farms this weekend vintage racing, but not in the market for an X
Marc in Indy

Here's the 2 other pictures that she posted on facebook.
And this is the text from the original posting;

My uncle passed away and left his Fiat in the garage. We’re going to sell it but wondering about a fair price. It’s a 1979. 48,190 original miles. It has been stored properly. We got it started and it runs, but probably needs new tires. Any suggestions for an asking price?
(Located in Janesville, Wisconsin)

* Someone just made a cash offer of $ 5,000

1602722441533.png
1602722496718.png

I was just in Wisconsin buying an X. :)

I see thru the windows that this 79 has A/C, at least the controls are there.

That car looks fantastic...love the stripes too. I want to go back in time and beat people who installed luggage racks and dealer badges on cars. haha...

Other than that....

Don't know. The offer wasn't mentioned by the seller. I saw it in one of the comments/replies going back and forth between the seller and others.
Knowing what I paid for my car (considerably less) which is literally identical to this car, and in what I thought was not in quite as good condition as this car, I commented that I thought $ 5,000 was a very reasonable offer.

I'd say it's worth between $1,000 and $15,000. This car needs a lot more photos to be able to speculate on what its worth. Left rear fender is rusted through so not a good omen for what lurks within.

Really? Wow. Because the cars were so slow they never ventured into the left lane? lol. Couldn’t resist. But that is odd at best. So any car before ‘83 in the U.S. had to guess when merging right?

The 1979 had the mirror in the door, which makes it easy to add a mirror on the right. The 1980 and up were having mirror thru the glass, so owners had to wait until Bertone took over (I guess) to get the right side thru the mirror, but even then there where not many used one for a few years...:(

I keep forgetting that my ‘79 came without the right side mirror. When I was stationed in Germany in 1980, I took my X with me. Shortly after I got there, I happened to find a matching Vitaloni right side mirror in the PX of all places. Mounted on the door like the other side and it’s been there ever since. Definitely came in handy when moving back into the right lane on the Autobahn after passing a slower vehicle before a fast Mercedes or BMW roars up on your ass.
Of course, it wasn’t all that often that I would come upon a slower vehicle on the Autobahn, haha. Kidding. I could cruise for hours at about 90 in the X. You did have to plan your passes well in advance, though.

Back