Lunch with Tony and things

enzo mac

True Classic
Met with Tony N. (Black Toot)for lunch the other day (his treat very generous), and had a great time and learned a ton of things (as they say “what a nice guy”). As a former lurker, I was hesitant to have anyone who knows X’s to see mine, bad paint, cracked windshield, old interior……. During the lunch we talked about many things, including the Xweb community and sharing information. After lunch he drove my car, complimented me as to the work done so far and I waved as he left around the corner. I tried to start my car, and no go, lights, radio, everything except the starter. After 20 minutes I went back to the restaurant and everyone was gone. A bar patron push started me and I got home no problem. Tried the car again and nothing. Started checking at home and found that my positive connector to the battery was loose to point of coming off, tightened the connector, charged the battery and nothing. The next day after reading as many posts as I could, I rolled my car up on the 20 dollar ramps that I had gotten, crawled under the car and reconnected my plus lead to the solenoid. Two Problems solved.
Thanks Tony for reminding me that passions should be shared, community should be fostered, and that everyone can do more that they think they can when you have support.

Vincent dba enzo mac

As a former lurker, I was hesitant to have anyone who knows X’s to see mine, bad paint, cracked windshield, old interior……

This seems to be a reoccurring theme. Its not about and never has been about what your car looks like or how flashy it is (even though it can be intimidating being parked next to a show winning car) , its all about the camaraderie that comes with owning your X. Its that camaraderie that makes owning an X1/9's so special. :2c:

You're welcome... Hope to see you again on Saturday!

As for the starting problem... I generally wait to see that everyone gets their cars started before I ever leave... but I had just drove his car with NO problems!

Just PROVES that Murphy was an optimist!

HA!

(And Vince later told me that the owner of the beautiful '47 Chrysler 4 door Sedan in the parking lot was the guy that helped him out! I had guessed a '46... HA!)

The way Tony has been buzzing arouns SoCal

doing good deeds. Maybe we should re-title his car "Black Tooth Fairy". ;)

Back