Mac... Thread Merger has problems...

Black-Tooth

Tony Natoli
At least they are problems from my viewpoint... this is what I see that merging this file has done.

1. Not ONE response to what I/We posted... New postings are buried.

2. Others that I have sent the ORIGINAL URL to get a "cannot find server" response...

3. I don't think something like this really needed to be compressed or "moderated"... as you've enough to do... and in merging them, it took "alot away" from the posts.

Please UNMERGE them... as I think others would be interested in seeing them. As I scrolled down the initial threads, I almost never got to the new postings. I really enjoyed Rudy's people postings and woulda been sorry to miss them.

Thanks,

Tony

My bad

Two things, I'm viewing in 'bump mode' and so in that view what we have is essentially multiple threads on the same topic all floating right beside each other at the top of the page, kind of confusing/strange and not something we typically "left" on 1.0 either, if we noticed it... we just often didn't, and, this system it is a lot easier to perform most admin tasks that on 1.0 were always a pain at best to at most impossible...

Also I know we are "live" here and people are trying to "use" this place but at the same time it is still "beta" over here and I'm still learning myself.. I thought I was doing the place a favor by merging them and making that one a sticky to persist at top of page, view-independent, I hope you all can understand... I don't even know if I can unmerge them but I guess I'll go find out!

AND for those in chrono mode

You don't ever have to "miss" any thread on this entire server, ever, whatever view you've got, there is the new posts button up top that will show you "everything on one page" with a single click ...

Thank you for telling me about that link problem in any case, about if you send link before it moves, I was not aware of that... and lesson #1 for Mac on merging things, remember chrono AND bump viewers are mingling here...

Can't undo

It seems I can't undo - and still more new threads on the topic coming so ... I can post yours up a link to it or just delete it off the thread and repost it for you. Let me know​

Anyway you can use your super mod powers to change the green "online now" indicator to blue?

j/k

Mac

WELL, that's going to take super photoshop powers ;)

I can, eventually ;)

I can't say it will happen right away but I don't like the 'stock' either

One quick thing I just realized too

When your own new post appears in the forum, the 'new' light on the main forum page associated with it for you never lights up, but it DOES for everyone else viewing the forums (it does for you in the 'hybrid thread view' bottom nav block but that thing's behavior is a bit different than the main pages..) so although you wouldn't be able to see your thread once I moved it, anyone else who had not viewed it in here yet would see the blue light saying there's a new post in that thread. Just remembered I don't think I've ever really described that aspect of the "new thread" lights here in detail and thought it may help to add... it would still not help the emailed changed link thing, though I think I can leave a redirect that would fix that email thing in the future too, now that I actually know about it (thanks again :))

Back