mancave update

seattlex19

Mac (RETIRED, pm off)
Mancave 2.0 is a bust :tomato:

Due to foundation damage and basement flooding during a recent rainstorm, I've had to move, yet again... :wall: :censored: :help:

I am now in a condo in Seattle, and my '75 carcass has been transported to my mom's place in Olympia area for storage.

I am pretty happy with the new place, but not so happy that I've once again been (physically at any rate) separated from my '75...

I am kind of broke right now, but am considering the vague possibility of perhaps buying yet another X1/9, at some point, as the long term symptoms of withdrawl have caught up with me lately. The Civic is an outstanding car and I love it but there is only so much joyriding one can do on the weekend in a M-F commuter vehicle...

Anyway just wanted to say the '75 is still intact, if not further flung, once more. I am thinking spring is coming soon, and am resisting the urge to start lurking in FSW in the meantime...! :whistle: ;)

Dang!

Sorry to hear about the move. Does this mean you're "between jobs" like so many? If so, I hope you find employment soon. And I hope Rose is taking care of you...

I've always wondered what it would be like to be a "kept man"... :)

hah!

Well if I wondered what its like to be a kept man ROSE is the wrong place to look!! :rolleyes: :p She expects me to work for a living!! :huh2:

I do still have the job, for now, which is a miracle in itself... (another story), but I am grateful for sure, to not be unemployed on top of everything else at the moment...

yeah well

pushing pencils for big B is a lot less interesting to talk about (most of the time, anyhow, it does have its moments...) but it does pay a lot better -- ha! :rolleyes2: Isnt that always how it goes?

BTW a new "limo tale" for you that happened to a local driver recently: http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattle911/archives/194516.asp
What a crime: Limo getaway, fake pregnancy, heroic boyfriend
This woman robber had some nerve.
She robs a place, jumps into a stranger's limo and orders him to drive her to her sister who she says is about to give birth.
Nerve, she had. Luck, she didn't. She is now in jail.
About 3:30 p.m. Sunday, the woman walked into a sandwich shop in the 1200 block of Howell Street.
She eased around the counter and opened the door to the employee area.
She grabbed a female employee from behind, said she had a gun and demanded money from the till.
She got the money and left just as the boyfriend of the employee walked in.
He chased the alleged gun moll.
After all, it was Valentine's Day.
The robber jumped into a Lincoln Town Car near the Greyhound bus station.
The driver didn't know who she was, but she told him that her sister had gone into labor and that she needed to "get there quick.
The boyfriend followed, updating police, who made an arrest under the Washington State Convention & Trade Center.
The limo driver was questioned and released.

yes

Indeed, Jim, these are the important things (and, saved my '75 before the basement flooding got to the garage! ;))

Mac, isnt broke why we buy Fiats. My son has been unemployed for months. In the last month he bought 2 Fiats. Im only working off and on, and Im trying to get my girlfriend to buy me another Fiat. If she loves me, she will.

WOW...

Ya know... I've always had a place in my heart for your '75... at least "pieces" of it...

Glad to hear Rose decided to keep you around in spite of all your baggage.

WE ARE both lucky men...

ah Papa Tony!

I can always count on you my man for the 1-2-3 :worship:

you may not even know how right you are - on all counts! :drink:

:cool: ;)

haa rey

if I tried that line on Rose she would clobber me faster than I could retreat :mallet:

I will have to rely on my own "ad hoc resources" to procure any 'new' X... I do think I will have to adhere to JJs advice though... barring any unforeseen lottery wins or unanticipated windfalls.. :excited: :whistle: :bla:

... ;)

Hey Mac.

You are so sick for wanting another X1/9:mallet:, but there's good news. I know of a good support group. Wait a second, you started the group:clap:. On another note, It was the X Web 1.0 FS&W back in 2001 that got me my '87:).
Take Care.
Rolf.

Back