Megasquirt wiring cable question

fastfiat

Daily Driver
:) Question-

I just bought the MS1 with 3.0 PCB and plan on running MS Extra. I also picked up a stimulator that I plan to use to test the ECU when building. Just fuel for right now, with the option of adding spark at a later time.

I am not sure that I want to go through the hassle of trying to stuff the board into a stock bosch box (which I have). If I go this route I am not sure how I will test with the stimulator when I use the stock bosch 35 pin connector.

So... I noticed the MS kit has the DB37 male connector and the plastic cover to make your own patch cable. I also have an extra bosch 35 pin connector. I can simply wire up a short ~12" cable to bridge between the stock harness and MS.

My question is since I dont have a nice shiny plastic cover for the bosch connector what can I use to cover the soldered wires and pins on the bosch 35-pin? Any ideas?

Thanks!
Tony

heat shrink tubing on each wire.. Also the type of connector used to be used a lot on older ('80s~'90s) office phone systems. You may be able to find a 'hood' at an electronic scrap/recycle store

Back