Memorial for Mac in the works...

budgetzagato

Administrator
First thanks for everyone's kind comments over on the DF. I've talked to Rose a few times and she's touched by everyone's obvious affection for Mac.

I'd like to set a date for an Xweb gathering in Mac's memory. I don't have a good idea of who would want to attend. I think having in in Mac's hometown area of Olympia would help his mom and Rose attend, and we would include friends, coworkers etc. from the area outside of Xweb. I guess my intention is to provide a way for us to gather and leave it open to other folks too. Rose and his mom are of course invited and as far as I know plan to attend.

Could you let me know here or via email (gfs at gregoryfsmith.com) that you want to go, and whether or not Saturday Dec 11 works for you? I don't want to drag it out, but this date may be too soon for those nearby to make/change plans. If enough people who want to come say that date doesn't work, we could do it in January as well.

Also, several people from all over have sent contributions to help with expenses. You know who you are, and you're very kind. I'll make sure the funds get to the people who need them. We may use them for the memorial gathering in some way. If you have donated and have preferences, please let me know.

Lastly Rose said his mom is arranging an online memorial, and as soon as I have a link I'll post it.

My laptop wallpaper.

For the last ~ 3 years I've had a picture that I had taken ?? from one of Mac's posts perhaps. It's a superimposed pic of a Yellow X 1/9 with a night view of seattle in the background. I think it would be ideal to use it as part of the site memorial. I always thaught it to be Mac's vision of his favorite car.

Thanks for taking on this task Gregory, I'm sure everyone is appreciative.
As usual someone has to take the reins, I'd expect nothing less from this forum.
Lappy:happy:

Date, time location set

An Xweb gathering for Mac's memorial will be held December 11, at 3201 Boston Harbor Road in NE Olympia, 98506 at 1pm.

http://classic.mapquest.com/maps?ci...7.07723&longitude=-122.896529&geocode=ADDRESS

A brief eulogy will be given, and folks will have an opportunity to share memories if they wish.

A reception with coffee, tea and other beverages and some snacks will be provided.

No rules, formal or casual as you prefer.

If you can, drive your X. There is plenty of parking.

Who's our forum sticker guru?

I'd like to commission a commemorative sticker similar to the one Chris Obert did for Genny. Clear background with white and/or black script.

Something that says "SeattleX1/9 & Xwebforums, Peace— Mac" with his signature perhaps. Not sure if it needs dates or not, if so they would be 2/25/72-11/21/10.

Anyone able to tackle this? If we get a design together we could have them for the memorial and also they could be sent out to forum members.

Thanks in advance to whomever steps up! :headbang:

Peace, -Mac

I think the signature alone would speak volumes
Clear with the black letters as suggested, displayed on the rear glass

I agree with the Peace, Mac; but, I recommend white on clear.

White on clear shows-up much better on glass. My Genny Obert sticker is white on clear.

Regards,

Please RSVP here!

I've received many inquiries as to who might be planning on attending. Please let everyone know by responding here. I think that the more people who go, the more people will go. If that makes sense.

I know there will be friends, family and coworkers there. Many Xweb and Fiat people will also be there.

I'll be there

Coming from Cottage Grove, OR. Hopefully meeting up with a growing caravan on the way.

I assume we'll all be carrying FRS radios to communicate on the road?

I'll Be there

Will bring the 'Seattle X1/9' banner I had made way back when this web site was first set up. It has been at a couple SeattleX1/9 events. You may have seen it at the gatherings I had at my place south of Chehalis/Centralia, WA.

Wayne Wright

I plan on trying to attend, so far it's a go, though it might change due to being so close to the holiday and working retail.

Sadly, the X won't be there as it's down for a head gasket. (waiting on the new head bolts) So I will most likely be in the 20th AV GTI

Back