midlife crises!

jimmy blues

looking to pimp my ride! led instrument panel upgrade,plexiglass top, alloy wheels. 20 yrs with my 84 bertone! just did new leather int. tranny, and paint! I still think its cool. I have 23k orig miles on it and cant stop smiling when people ask ''what is that!''!

Congrats! Sounds great...

Be sure to post some pics when you repost in discussion, so we can check out your ride.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joy

So you have a lot to look forward to.
Enjoy it all along the ride.

And we love pics.

Welcome Jimmy Blues...

We'd love to see your ride.
What part of NY are you from? Long Island area or West NY?

Saratoga tops are rare as hens teeth and sometimes require a 2nd mortgage on your home to get one, so good luck in your search! :)

LED gauge clusters are another story. We'll chat about that but first I'd (we) love to see photos of your ride if you have some. All of us know what an X1/9's looks like but are interested in seeing what makes yours unique. They're all unique it seems. :italia:

Welcome to the Forum!

Welcome Jimmy

I know well of the "Midlife Crisis" syndrome. My wife said I could have a midlife crisis as long as it was cheap and did not involve other women. This is what mine looked like:

IM001716.jpg

When I had to climb on the roof to get the picture, I realized I had probably over done it a bit. :) I am down to one X now, but not ruling out another fun car down the road.

Like Bob said, the plexi top will be the hardest to find. If you aren't picky about "period correct" wheels, there are modern choices available. Someone just sold a set of 5 Daytonas on Ebay, it was all I could do to keep from bidding.

Let's see some pictures!!

photos

i just learned how to use this thing called a computer! i will ask my daughter to teach me how to post pics . shes 12! as soon as i can learn though. I still have my orig cell phone! a nokia.I wonder if thats considered a antique! thanks for the welcome.

That Nokia is all ya need, mate...!

......I still have my orig cell phone! a nokia.I wonder if thats considered a antique!.....

....if it's a Nokia 1100, never get rid of it!!
I've had one of these babies for about 8 years now, and it's idiot-proof!
(I wonder if that means they were designed for idiots :huh: )
Just keep on re-charging the battery up, and they last forever!

cheers, Ian - NZ

Wow!!

Love it. My 78 is coming along. Azzuro Blu. with new suede & leather, But BLACK is beautiful! I can't wait to loose those cattle guard bumpers.
Nice three some.
Ciao.

Back