Midwinter New England stripper party!

Rooster

piccole ma cattive
OK folks, I have an 86 up for stripping. Now, it's gonna be cold Jan 12th... But I have a friend that has a full service garage that is willing to let us use it for the day to strip this car. This will take place in Henniker NH. I call dibs on the windshield, headlight buckets, carpet, suspension, gas tank, mirrors and wiring harness. Everything else is up for grabs (unless I need it!). Bring your own hand tools, and air tools as we will have use of the compressor. Bonus points, we get a lift as well!

All I ask is a RSVP via PM for the address and we will need to clean up our mess. Expect to start at 10am or there abouts and we should have lunch (grill anybody?)

I'm in...

But I would forfeit the grill... Too much of a hassle. I'll bring a sandwich or something.

*If*

if, my X1/9 is back from Matt's by then I'd like to attend. I have a bottle of scotch that needs to migrate ownership as well.

There better damn well be a stripper there this time though, considering suing for false advertising :)

BTW I expect to help just as much as last time. (i.e. not at all) :)

Jim, don't drive that car here in winter...

There is SO MUCH salt and sand on the roads, it will cause long term damage to your car.
When I owned my 1974 X, (back in the day) it ran for 3 years through all 4 seasons and when I sold it, it was a total rust bucket. :sad:

I agree with Bob. Not the best time of the year to be driving the X around!

OK folks, Jan 12th is finalized. I need input as to who is going.

Rooster -- would love to join you guys. Unfortunately, however, I've got to be in NYC for a biz convention on the same weekend :(

Hope to see you all this Spring or Summer.

Rooster -- would love to join you guys. Unfortunately, however, I've got to be in NYC for a biz convention on the same weekend :(

Hope to see you all this Spring or Summer.

No worries, do you need anything from this? I can save it for ya.

Thanks Rooster! I'm actually in pretty good shape right now. Looking for some rear-deck speaker grilles but I think you already mentioned this vehicle didn't have any.

I could use some non-A/C heater levers if they're available.

At some point in the future I want to rebuilt my transmission -- Overall It's working well but leaks a little and 3rd gear syncros function but are tired. But I won't know what I need until I crack it open which I hope to delay until next winter.

No worries, do you need anything from this? I can save it for ya.

I have a grill , but.

Just noticed the post a while ago. :sigh: I haven`t been checking the site as much lately.Freezing rain up here in New Brunswick, the roads are a mess :sigh: sounds like a fun day for you guys.

Great turn out!

A big big thanks to Bob B., Paul Stolze, Jim McKenzie and a buddy of mine for helping out! Between the 4 of us, we managed to strip the car in just over 5 hours. Still some small trinkets to be taken off, but the car is a rotted shell, what what it gave up was/is going to many projects!

P.S>- Bob, Paul - I dumped the fuel tank and I'm not entirely happy with what I heard "sloshing around". We'll have to see what it looks like internally...

Just noticed the post a while ago. :sigh: I haven`t been checking the site as much lately.Freezing rain up here in New Brunswick, the roads are a mess :sigh: sounds like a fun day for you guys.

No worries Jim! Thats a heck of a drive!

8- 9 hours. (google)

MY daughter is half way however, so not so bad. I find it hard to believe some of these cars are so rusted . my 79 and 81 are rock solid.

Bummed

hate going to these to see an X die, though as Bob said one must die for others to live...

Plus the stripper was a real DOG!

Mike, the tank felt "heavy"...

when I put it in the back of the hummer.
My guess is that it's filled with rust, (or something!) but it didn't look like it had rotted through.

After I got home, I felt like I got beat up by all you guys! :lol:
However, it was a fun time and (again) great to see all you die-hard exxies working your butts off
over yet another parts doner.

Mike, let me know when you're at a point where I can cut the piece off the back panel.

Jim M, I'll keep you posted with more LED choices.

See you at the next gathering, hopefully hosted at my place. :) :dance2:

Back