Might be Suspension?

Nathan Binsky

The Amateur
Last night, the car drove fine with zero problems. I drifted the wheels around a corner while it was wet just to try it out after having the car for three months. Now whenever I drive, I hear a squeaky-rubbery kind of noise. No clue what it is, I already knew I had to change my strut upper mounts a couple months ago but the sound started today. Any ideas?

That sound is hard to identify.

Bushings, wheel bearing, brake backer, CV joint, rack end bushing, something coming adrift are all possibilities. Bad alignment and you are hearing the tires scrubbing?

Likely need more info to better assist you.

Look at your upper mounts & see if they have gone so far off center that they are rubbing the tower. Jack it up & yank on the wheels to see if you can find play. Remove wheels & visually inspect for obvious wear at suspension pivot points.

Look at your upper mounts & see if they have gone so far off center that they are rubbing the tower. Jack it up & yank on the wheels to see if you can find play. Remove wheels & visually inspect for obvious wear at suspension pivot points.
I think it is my upper strut mounts, Brayden at Midwest told me I had to get them changed when I first brought the car in but he told me it is not the biggest deal. I was already draining my wallet so I put it off. I think it was a combination between the mounts and rain but I definitely need to have them replaced. Also, I just have to say this, your car looks gorgeous.

Back