Miro Kefurt responds to email . . .

Got some direct e-mails about how come M.I.K. Automotive, Inc. in North Hollywood, California sold 1985 cars in 1987, well all those units were X1/9 that we got from other dealers all over USA, that just had them sitting and collecting dust, usually on "used car lot" as NO other dealer in USA had X1/9 dedicated show room, and their main franchise agreements did not allow them to display the X1/9s in the main show rooms. We have even sold few 1983s in 1987. Almost all the cars we received direct from Italy via LA/Long Beach were sold in 6 weeks or less, and EVERY red car was actually sold even before we have received it. SO the "corsa rosso" was the most popular, some even had the roof and engine cover also painted the same red color. Of course all the "old cars" were refreshed prior sale and were not really discounted at all. (New Tires, New Battery, complete fluid change and of course SynLube was used). Some of the 1983 even got fresh monotone all white repaints (Top, engine cover, bumpers, wheels) and also were fitted with the corsa kit. Here is one such example (link):
http://www.synlube.com/BeroX19-SA.html

Last edited:
In 1987 I worked with a middle-aged lady in the East Bay Area (Fremont) that had an all-white X1/9 with what I now recognize as the "corsa kit". I have no idea how she got it but at least now I know where it came from. Betty was the last person I would expect to own an X. She didn't keep it long.

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Back