More Funny Happenings

enzo mac

True Classic
This was in response to an old and closed post, but after reading it, I know that there must be more funny stories out there. So here is one of mine.

[FONT=&quot]This must have happened around 1979, and I was driving from New York City back home on Staten Island via the Lincoln tunnel, about a 35 mile trip. (45 minutes to x number of hours depending on traffic.) At the very first 300 feet of the tunnel, my accelerator cable broke. Being younger and stupid, I wired the accelerator linkage so the engine was revving at around 3000 R.P.M.s, ignoring the hundreds (thousands) of screaming, cursing fellow commuters. I popped, and popped and popped the clutch and drove like that for the entire trip home. Only East Coast drivers can appreciate the traffic, tolls, bridges and number of stop signs between point A and point B. One of the first items replaced on my 85X was indeed the accelerator cable, lesson learned.[/FONT]

Last edited:
Well, I'm old and probably should be closed also...

So you're in Ventura?

First of heard/seen of you, Enzo... we're practically neighbors as most of my other Fiat Friends are 20 miles further in Orange County.

Tell us/Show us more!

Back