More photos of my 89 X after a bit of work

PMaas

bell driver
Have been working on this for nearly two years now, have redone the entire front and rear suspension and brakes, added a front anti-sway bar and roller bearing pivots from C. Obert, makes a nice difference by the way. Lots of new and used parts from Midwest-Bayless. New CD-30s and Toyos. New upholstery (black and blue). Lots of little odds and ends to where every thing works and it runs very smoothly now. There will always be something that needs tweaking though.http://s869.photobucket.com/albums/ab251/PMaas_photos/

DSCN0010.jpg

DSCN0013-1.jpg

DSCN0012.jpg

DSCN0009.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, that last pic is gorgeous. The car matches the sky.

I thought '87's were the last year here, they went up to '89? I know they did in the UK, so I had to look and make sure your steering wheel was on the left side.

I thought the same, this cars identaplate shows built in May of 88, but all of the emissions tags say this vehicle meets all requirements for the 1989 model year. Also when I bought it it was titled as an 89.

I had them re-upholstered, the photo kind of washes out the color. I just had a local shop redo the original seats in vinyl as leather would have been $500 plus more. I shouldn't say vinyl it's, I guess, called pleather now and some argue the new pleather is better wearing and just as comfortable as leather. So far I agree.

"1987 was the last year that IAI imported X1/9s to the USA. However, local registration practices in some states titles cars based on the year sold, so there were some "1988" and "1989" Bertone X1/9s" -Wikipedia

One word: beautiful !

And the color' man' just like mine only much better. Good taste.
Cheers

Back