MOVING TO MARYLAND...

Fromtheshadow

Daily Driver
I'm moving from sunny socal to work in a field position for Toyota in Glen Burnie MD. I get to bring my X, so I guess it can't be all bad? Anyone got a heater core they're not using? Any X members in Maryland, PA or VA willing to sound off? I am going to miss the chances I never took (because the car wasn't running) to get to a socal x meet. Well...

Oh no!

I'd be afraid to drive my precious X1/9 around all those brakeless Toyotas wizzing by at full throttle.. :p

Ya knew it was coming... :)

Good luck with the move and new job!

No worries

I'm moving from sunny socal to work in a field position for Toyota in Glen Burnie MD. I get to bring my X, so I guess it can't be all bad? Anyone got a heater core they're not using? Any X members in Maryland, PA or VA willing to sound off? I am going to miss the chances I never took (because the car wasn't running) to get to a socal x meet. Well...

You're in good company here. Quite a few Xs around, see www.dcfiats.org and my tag line. You'll have more than one event a month to attend ;) I'm in Silver Spring, all snowed in, on the north edge of the dc area. That's 30-40 mins from Glen Burnie.

Last edited:
We are doing a techday the 1st weekend of march

DCFiats will be doing a strut job on my X1/9.This will be done about 10 miles from glen burnie. This might be a good chance to say hi to many X1/9 owners.

Welcome to the snow coast.

Maryland ties...

My grandmother's house is 714 Downs Drive, Silver Spring... she's passed, but my aunt (mom's sister) still owns the house. I used to live in Oxon Hill... dad is retired Air Force, was transferred from Andrews AFB to Wright-Patt in Dayton, OH, in 1975... still have family on both mom's and dad's side in Maryland/DC areas, as well as an old family cottage at North Beach... 2nd Street..you couldn't hit 2nd gear without ending up in the Chesapeake Bay...

Sounding off! Woohoo! I moved to Maryland a while ago, its nice here...(not counting this past weeks blizzard) lol Anyways, yeah let me know if you need someone to drive down to chesapeake!

Nice One...however,

The X has one of the best crash standards for its time. I would worry more about the people leaving the bars on a Saturday night:drink:. This CTS company that makes the pedals really screwed the pooch. Cars are dangerous enough without suppliers screwing up one of the most important safety components (throttle). Honda is about to recall veh's with the same CTS pedal. Ford uses 'em too!
Shoulda kept the cable!
As for the Prius recall...inexcuseable. I felt this brake concern when going over bumps in a 2010 prius when I drove one for a few months. So it does exist, however, brake before the bump, and problem solved, move on with your life...

http://www.financialpost.com/opinion/story.html?id=2519676

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/ca...dal_media_circus_and_stupid_drivers-editorial

Thank you everyone!

Thanks for the posts. I will be happy to get there. Life will be crazy until I am there. C U all soon!! Gotta buy me a 4runner in the meantime!

Good luck...!

Good luck on your move - I did the same thing about 10 years, well close - I moved to D.C. actually. Sadly I left my X behind in Cali. I am glad you are not making that same mistake!

Well ...

I've put soo much into it, it doesn't make sense to leave it. My wife hates it, but I don't blame her. I've spent just about as much time and energy with both ;). Now she's finished (the car I mean not the wife) until something catastrophic happens.

Good bye and good luck...

We can sure use the SPACE on our freeways and parking lots!

Hate to see an X owner leave though...

I agree...

You can have the tiny space my X takes up! :) I will be leaving Long Beach for a place with an actual garage! Man, my dream come true! I will hate to leave too, I was looking forward to top down days. The lack of parking in Long Beach is what made my X my daily driver. When I move it will be finally upgraded to project status!!

Back