MR. WIZARD COMES TO L.A...

ATTENTION ALL PARTY-ERS! HOT, HOT, HOT...

This summer has been the COOLEST on record for probably the last 30 years or so... but SATURDAY its slated to be 99 degrees here in Santa Clarita.

I suggest carrying a gallon of water (milk jug or old antifreeze bottle) in your trunk and some duct-tape just in case. Coming from the south, do take SR14 to Palmdale/Lancaster and get off at Newhall Ave versus continuing on the longer I-5 upgrade and possible traffic.

Also.... looks like Alvon Elrod and Ron Luxmore (coupla Spider guys) will now be joining us also...

Looking forward to seeing you all... any later bloomers, give me a call and plan on coming. 661-296-7277

I'll have some too, Bro

but they will travel in my cooler so they arrive at the proper temperature. If it wasn't for the distance and need to be home to take the family out (my daughter is visiting from Boston), I'd also bring some good Brazilian cachaca. That will have to wait for a get together in Culver City or Torrance.

Mike

MR. WIZARD HAS ARRIVED...

... and not too worse for wear.

Spent the afternoon cruisin' the canyons in Black Tooth and then sat in on a Corvette Car Show planning meeting at Route 66 here in Canyon Country.

Tomorrow morning bright and early its off in the Vette to Autobooks-Aerobooks in Beautiful Downtown Burbank, then on to Bob's Big Boy Toluca Lake for lunch... and finally to the Neathercutt Museum in San Sylmar to tour about 200 Concours autos.

Probably an early evening and rest for Saturday. Have about 25 folks firm and probably 16 X's, 128s and others... which should be arriving around 1300... so far!

More to come!

try not to be too nice to Bob...

We dont want him getting any funny idea's about moving!

Have a great get together this weekend, wish I were there!

An East Coast Challange

Hey Tony, this is how X's meet in New England:

Show us what the Left Coast got!

Have fun guys, Bert and I wish we were there...:thumbsup:

Man, I wish I could make that one....

Let's see.....it's only just over an 800 mile drive to get there.

I hope you have a great get-together! Hi to all the attendees.

Ciao,

Me too.

I looked it up and saw how far south it was, and even considered it still, since the family is out of town. Naw, too much to do here.:mad3:

I am ready!

Washed the car today. Ready to go. Expect to have another X19 in trail.
Bob
Here is the Vid:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxspHlZgc2o"]YouTube - Fiat is ready ![/ame]

What do you suggest, take 14 and exit San Fernando Rd which becomes Bouquet?

I figure I'm stopping somewhere to bring a bucket of chicken!

Ed

Marinated Shrimp Recipe

For those of you who asked for it in just a few seconds.

First, Tony, thank you for organizing today's get together. The day was perfect and there was a super group of VERY NICE people at your house. I just wish I could have stayed longer. Maybe we could do something similar every so often and rotate the host/hostess home.

OK, here's the extremely difficult and time-consuming recipe for the shrimp. Ed, I bet you could even make it.

Blend together 2 cups mayonaise, 1/3 cup lime or lemon juice (or you could use a little more), 3-4 heaping tablespoons sour cream, and 1/3 cup sugar.

Add to the above dill seed and dill weed to taste, sliced sweet red onion to taste.

Now comes the hard part. Mix in 2 lbs. cooked shrimp. Mix well, cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.

Pix of Fiat Fun Day to follow later.

Mike

Some Pix From Today

P1040570.jpg

P1040569.jpg

P1040568.jpg

P1040567.jpg

P1040566.jpg

P1040565.jpg

P1040564.jpg

P1040563.jpg

P1040562.jpg

P1040561.jpg

P1040560.jpg

P1040571.jpg

You guys are the best!

I'll be posting photos in Tony's post (above) as soon as I get them out of the camera and uploaded.
Off to Bakersfield today... Thank you all!!! :grouphug:

Back