My car is on bringatrailer!

Chris Obert

autocrosser, X driver
For most of you folks, your Fiat is your 'hobby". Mine are also, but every once in a while you've got to break away from your regular stuff...

Those that know me, know I also have a soft spot for Messerschmitts. This one I built to complement my "hot rod' car, but in the end it's time to let it go.
Please let your friends who you know that are into weird stuff, know about the auction.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1955-messerschmitt-kr200-3/

Such a cool vehicle. Looks like a fastidious restoration.

I always think of "Bedazzled" when I see one - a late 60's movie with Peter Cook & Dudley Moore that I saw as a kid - even though I don't think it was that model one of them drove in it.

Congratulations, Chris. There’s an article in this month’s Classic Motorsports magazine about BAT. They mention that BAT rejects about 60% of cars submitted, so inclusion is a pretty good compliment about your car.

Congratulations, Chris. There’s an article in this month’s Classic Motorsports magazine about BAT. They mention that BAT rejects about 60% of cars submitted, so inclusion is a pretty good compliment about your car.

Marc, you are correct. BAT has always been very selective in what they will, and will not, take.

They turned down my driver restoration 131 (which recently sold again on BAT at no reserve), and my beater X1/9. They took my A112 Abarth motor, but we argued about the reserve. They keep asking me to list Brookie's 1200 TV after they saw it at Concorso Italiano.
The Messerschmitt was accepted, under the new BAT ownership, without a question. Even with my reserve. They knew it would do well, and I hope it does. My only complaint is how long it took from when I paid the fee to when they actually started preparing the auction. The delay prevented us from taking a much needed vacation!
The guy doing the write up has been a challenge to work with when getting the particular facts about my car correct. I finally gave up on the "what is inside an egg" versus "what you steer with" word.

The biggest issue with potential BAT auctions, from client comments about working with them, was agreeing on the reserve of a car they would consider. I don't blame them, they want high sell rates, not just showcasing cars.
They seem to have put a daily limit on about 50 cars, so they do have the choice as to who gets to try to sell in their exclusive marketplace. We will see what the new ownership does.

The price is certainly getting up there. Congrats.

I don’t know if this is a good price or not but it is a lot of money for a car even I wouldn’t commute in... :)

Hagerty price guide shows a car in this condition at almost 3 times where the bid is at tonight. Let's see if the bidders will get to my reasonable reserve.

Back