My dream X realized!

abec

Wil
I call it the Bertone Dallara Hatchback.
x19_hatch.jpg

x19_hatch2.jpg

Are those wheels available for Xs?

I realize that is a photoshop'd pic, but I love the wheels....

Looks like the "fake" I did many years ago...

x19_prototype_familiare.jpg

I did this for fun years ago and somehow, it managed to be picked up as the real deal.

Sooo... you want a VW Rabbit..?

I have always wanted a mid engine rabbit, but I would take an X1/9 over a normal rabbit. I am a bigger fan of hatchbacks in general though.

To me these are very different looking designs. Even if i did use the rabbit hatch.
0709_z+25_greatest_drivers_cars+gti_side.jpg
x19_hatch.jpg

Heres another, guess what car I want now :p
x19_coupe.jpg

They made it, well, Lancia did.

And it won just about everything. Look at the side profile of the delta, I think you will see it is very close.

Eric

I realize that is a photoshop'd pic, but I love the wheels....

Compomotive CXR if I'm not mistaken. And I have a set of 8" front, 9" rear. Quick review: strong wheel, not as light as advertised, and relatively good finish overall, but it's a motorsport wheel so there are some blemishes, but nothing of importance. Fit and trueness are spot on.

And that car is the reason I bought these wheels.

Thats funny. I was gonna call that first pic a rabbit looking thing too. Its pretty cool. I love the early rabbits. Had a 79 an 80 rab truck that I tricked out , the exact white one in the next photo, twas an 83 GTI with a sun roof and blue int that I bought new.. Also had others. Bought the GTI, had to sell my first cat to get it.[ It was a 71 spider that I dropped a 2 liter in with twin webers and a header.] I had three sway bars on that GTI, a bilstein sport suspension kit, and the Kamei body kit, 4 flares side skirts and air damn. Also added a rea upper tail. Loved that car. The body kit didnt last long though. I was flying thru an intersection at 2 am and didnt see the dip. Ended up blowing off the damn and front flares. I did some insane things in that car. I could fly into intersectio and turn lft or right without slowing down. i used to drive up Angeles crest hwy just to drive. My tires would only last a month.That GTI,s rear end would come around on corners, once I thought it was gonna pass me and I thought I was gonna spin out. Once after going water sking in three rivers I got into a race with a 76 chevy stepside, it was fast the road was vvery narrow and windy. i had 4 people in my car. I was on his bumper when we came around a corner and I slingshotted around him. It was a long straight with a 90 degree lft turn about a mile down. He pulled up on my right side. I was over the center line but we were going thru some groves and you could see the road for some distance, so there was nothing to worry about. We were neck and neck. I looked over and he was laughing, I knew him. His girlfried was yelling at him to back off and she was hitting him. The turn was coming up and I was getting nervous.He wasnt backing down and neither was I. I jumped in front of him and we turned. He flew off the road into the dirt and she was still yelling, I was gone. No one got hurt, no damage, we laughed with him over dinner that day, his girl was still pissed. Ill have to post some pics of those cars.
Funny thing. My sun bought that exact same model rabbit 20 years later. Same everything ,$500.00. Then yanked the motor and installed a built later model rabbit twin cam with a stage three head. That friggen car was so fast I couldnt believe it.

I have always wanted a mid engine rabbit, but I would take an X1/9 over a normal rabbit. I am a bigger fan of hatchbacks in general though.

If you want a mid engine hatchback then you should probably try to find one of these:

renault_5_turbo.jpg

Renault 5 turbo, a true production mid engine hatchback. They are out there, just not as cheap as a rabbit or an X1/9.

My 79 wabbit.
img010.jpg

img013.jpg

The spider I sold to buy my GTI when they first came out in 83.
img004-1.jpg

The GTI after a few mods,
img014.jpg

img015.jpg

One final mod,
img016.jpg

The truck I bought 4 work to replace the GTI, 11 weeks on order, 7 weeks on the road.
img017.jpg

The wabbit truck I bought to get to work when my truck came to a sudden end, After I modded it,
img018.jpg

Then had a son and needed a bigger truck, this is Chris Rey in front of the truck otherwise knowen as 124sport,
img020.jpg
Notice the top comes off the truck, funny thing about this truck. I was driving down the fwy, on my way home from work one day. I had been contemplating buying and installing a lift kit on it to change it up a bit. A lifted ranger pulled up along side of me and said nice truck, where did you get the kit? I asked if he wanted to trade, and that saturday we were at his house swapping suspension parts in his driveway.

Back