My money was stolen! (Also)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpz_009

Daily Driver
I am another person that has had money stolen from a member on this forum. And in the same fashion as the others have also had promises that have not been met. I had sent him money back in 2016 for a full head build. I did my due diligence and he had come highly recommended buy a couple members on the forum that used his services. So At that time a deposit was sent in a substantial amount to get the process underway and for the last 4yrs this individual has not followed through with his end of the deal. I am tired of waiting. I have been very patient as I know sometimes life gets in the way but at this point I am no longer going to try to protect the name of this individual. People need to know. The unfortunate part is that this member is so knowledgeable and a great part of this community. He has responded to me as other members put pressure on him but once again these promises have fallen through and no effort is being made to resolve the issue. Hopefully this message gets to him and he chooses to resolve the issue. Either way this problem needs to be know (again)
Thanks Marco

Yeah it's a real shame that it's happening all over again and it's a shame that it's happening in my home region.

I am another person that has had money stolen from a member on this forum. And in the same fashion as the others have also had promises that have not been met. I had sent him money back in 2016 for a full head build. I did my due diligence and he had come highly recommended buy a couple members on the forum that used his services. So At that time a deposit was sent in a substantial amount to get the process underway and for the last 4yrs this individual has not followed through with his end of the deal. I am tired of waiting. I have been very patient as I know sometimes life gets in the way but at this point I am no longer going to try to protect the name of this individual. People need to know. The unfortunate part is that this member is so knowledgeable and a great part of this community. He has responded to me as other members put pressure on him but once again these promises have fallen through and no effort is being made to resolve the issue. Hopefully this message gets to him and he chooses to resolve the issue. Either way this problem needs to be know (again)
Thanks Marco
Can I ask how you paid? I guess we all need to be careful going forward with regards to this...

Last edited:
i have experienced a similar situation with someone who is active on this forum and resides in Florida....

This seems to be happening nearly weekly now, As a member of the forum personally i think it's a disgrace that the admins are protecting the member that's doing this to other members.

How long will they enable the theft of other forum member's money?

He should be stripped of his right to using the forum as a bare minimum.

It happens in Australia too on facebook pages, posts are blocked or deleted.

Under Australian consumer law what his doing is illegal and is a jail able offence. It's fraud plain and simple.

Rant over i hope you get your money back, but the forum need to look at how they can stop enabling this happening to others now.

Credit card, or cash? If you used a credit card (which I usually do with Paypal) dispute it, I assume cash therefore?

After waiting 4 YEARS, it's now well past the purchase dispute period allowed by Paypal. Not sure how long that window is open with a credit card company, but likely not this long either.

...I am tired of waiting. I have been very patient as I know sometimes life gets in the way but at this point I am no longer going to try to protect the name of this individual. People need to know. ...

How are you "no longer protecting the name of this individual" by never actually calling the person out by name?

Its not all on Xweb, this would be the third person that has come out in the last fortnight. One on T124 FB page another on Aus X19 FB page. From memory that would make about 6 or 7 this year that are known with a similar complaint for a similar amount of money.

I'm sure there's many more as most of the disgruntled customers do give the vendor more than adequate amount of time to rectify the issue.

I’m not sure that we are actually allowed to post names. I have had my post deleted else where for such a thing. I am going to hold on commenting at the moment as the member involved has gotten in touch and we are trying resolve the issue. Keep you all posted!

One post from T124 fb and xweb got his issues sorted, and his posts deleted. So at least that's a positive.

It is Greg, it does seem like posting public is the answer to getting it resolved. Just a damn shame it has to get to this. Then it gets deleted because it was rectified. Theres a reason Google reviews exists deleting posts is the same as protecting the criminal. As far as I'm concerned those deleting them are accomplices in the crime.

Surely if the person was blocked from the forums and FB they couldn't advertise their business other than on Ebay. Which has consumer protection laws and I bet they don't do it in those instances anyway because of that.

Its hilarious really it sounds to me like his using the posts getting deleted as a cherry to doing the thing his should of done in the first place. Which is essentially blackmail.

What a top bloke.

MPZ under consumer law you're allowed to name names without threat of repercussions as you're the victim.

I technically can't as it would be considered deformation unless I had proof.

Does anyone else find it amusing that the coward never ever comments on these posts. Its essentially an admission of guilt.

If you were innocent you would want to protect your name above all else and help the customer.

The thing that worries me is how many don't have the courage to make a public post to get help.

It is Greg, it does seem like posting public is the answer to getting it resolved. Just a damn shame it has to get to this. Then it gets deleted because it was rectified. Theres a reason Google reviews exists deleting posts is the same as protecting the criminal. As far as I'm concerned those deleting them are accomplices in the crime.

Surely if the person was blocked from the forums and FB they couldn't advertise their business other than on Ebay. Which has consumer protection laws and I bet they don't do it in those instances anyway because of that.

Its hilarious really it sounds to me like his using the posts getting deleted as a cherry to doing the thing his should of done in the first place. Which is essentially blackmail.

What a top bloke.

MPZ under consumer law you're allowed to name names without threat of repercussions as you're the victim.

I technically can't as it would be considered deformation unless I had proof.
Maxmod although I appreciate the support and agree that these thing should not happen. Especially in a small nit group like xweb where we rely on each other for all sorts of support. I will say that I am a firm believer in allowing things to resolve and that people make mistakes. Maybe they take on to much which really sounds like this is what may have happened as there are a lot of ppl in my same situation. Therefore there was a lot of work promised which takes a lot of time and obviously not being completed or may never get completed in the timely matter that his customer expected. The good news is that some situations have been resolved and that shows that he is willing to make it right. If he really wants to screw us he could just disappear and there’s really not much we could do. The point of this post was too determine which kind of individual we are dealing with the one who will make it right or one who will disappear. At this point I will say that we are working to resolve the situation so I don’t think he is the latter.

Thats good to hear, I agree with you which is why I think this needs to be out in the open.

I get it i run a business myself and I'm always looking at things from that side of things. Its impossible to keep every customer happy. Its imperative you try though and regardless of your situation you always have to do your best to keep the customer happy. You can't take their money then stop communication and not pop up until your called out months or years later on a forum. Thats ridiculous and as far as I'm concerned the intent was theft. If it wasn't you shouldn't be in business either way.

Imagine if you had never come out which im sure alot of people don't as they are uncomfortable doing so.

Every customer that comes out like you have seemingly gets resolution because they've come out. Everyone complains communication broke down, everyone seems to have spent a similar amount of money.

My issue here isn't necessarily with the vendor its actually with the forum. Deleting old posts about this, blocking comments, and all round protecting the vendor. Theres a reason Google reviews exists and they are removing customer reviews.

The x19 community is fairly small and you come to xweb because you trust the community. You in turn trust the vendors because you trust the forum. If we delete things like this that are uncomfortable nothing stops it happening to the next person that may not have the courage to come out.

Marco, sorry to hear about your troubles with this vendor. I almost sent all kinds of parts to him for a hp engine build about the same time you sent him money but the logistits just didn't make sense to me with weight and customs etc. Plus he was anti dual webers so I went down another path. Then every few months I hear the horrors from fellow xweb members like you and I cringe at what I too would be experiencing.

One thing I have learned since then is don't send parts to another country to be worked on and then returned. Way to many things can and will go wrong costing you money with nothing to show in return. Not that you sent a head.

I hope this works out in a timely fashion for you and I agree with others this forum should step up. Why not put a disclaimer at the bottom of his membership like Twitter has to do for tRhumps BS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back