My new shoes!!

etownsley

Streel Legal GP Race Car
Here is a pic of my old street tires/wheels.
fiat020-1.jpg

Here are my newly refurbished MSW/OZ wheels. They are 13" X 6" wide.
fiat037.jpg

I have 185/60's on the front and 215/50's on the rear.
fiat038.jpg

Here is a closer shot of my custom made center caps.
fiat039.jpg

Front side of center caps.
fiat041.jpg

Back side of center caps.
fiat042.jpg

And the SCCA sticker I put on them.
fiat040.jpg

Special thanks to Charlie DiMarco at serpentautosport.com for supplying me the wheel studs and the lug nuts. I think they look great!

Looks like Christmas!!

I think they look great with the color of your car Eric. Very nice indeed... and I like the way the neighbors enhanced the mood by putting their Christmas lights back up for the unveiling! ;)

OK.. confession time. I left mine up all year once. It was fun to turn them on at Easter, 4th of July, etc. :)

The new wheels look fantastic. The colors really match the body.

Do you race this car? Is there a noticable improvement (or just difference in behaviour) from having more rubber on the road in the rear?

edit: Is the wing an airfoil or just a flat plate? Does it help? At what speed?

The bumper shock caps are....

Beleive it or not.... they are Tropicana Juice caps! I bought the juice that had the yellow lids and put a few coats of my wheel yellow on them.

I had to trim the outside diameter a bit. I kept trimming until it fit correctly.

Once they were dry I pushed them into place.

Yes, I autocross this car.

I run it in G Prepared (GP) with the NeOkla SCCA. We have a race coming up in one week!

The car is stripped down and the only items left are for comfort and to keep it street legal. I drive it to work and around town on sunny days.

The only noticable differance is the way it looks. I still need to remove some negative camber in the rear. They tilt in too much making the rear look funny from behind. I need to also remove about 1/4" from the wheel spacers to get the wide rear tires under the fenders. They kinda look ghetto right now. You can't really see it from the photos.

The rear wing is a flat aluminum plate with bends running the full length about 3/4" from both the top and bottom edges. I made it at work with the help of a laser and a sheetmetal press brake.

I don't road race or push the car hard at high speeds so I don't think it helps me much. Mostly it just looks cool and it's light weight. The rear trunk is also aluminum. I put my stock trunk lid back on after the race season.

Back