My Scorpion gets Ronal A1's

Pete Whitstone

True Classic
Hey all. A while back I found that certain Alfa's came with 4x98 wheels and in a style I really liked, the Ronal A1. It's a 15x7 wheel and has the Fiat sized hubcentric hole. I shopped around for a used set for a while but didn't find anything worth anything. I did locate some 14x6's, but I already had 15 inch rubber on the car, and didn't want to buy new tires, downgrade to 14 inchers, or suffer poorer 14 inch tire selection.

Eventually I found that a company in the UK, EB Spares, was making reproductions of them, complete with centercaps. So I ordered up a set, and finally got them put on the Scorpion.

Photos for your enjoyment. Please excuse the lack of hood and the dirty car!

IMG_0019_zps2b6dd994.jpg

IMG_0020_zpsf225f280.jpg

IMG_0021_zps14a611cc.jpg

IMG_0018_zps758f0a70.jpg

Pete

Good looking wheels...

Sweet new wheels. I've always liked the look of a wheel with a ring of circular holes. I had some steel ones on my Scirocco that sort of resembled this.

So you were able to have your existing tires remounted? That's a savings. :nod:

Yes to both...

Greg, I was able to re-use the 15 inch rubber already on the car. Previously it had 5-spoke wheels on it, seen here:

DSCF0062.jpg

And LanciaHF, yes the car is coverted to FI, Fiat gear was used to complete the coversion:

DSCF0070.jpg

Pete

Good work there Pete. Your wheels really look good, this is a very nice improvement.

Ken

Back