my seats

Carl_Auer

Groovy
taken at a car show yesterday. This is from my iPhone. I will have real photos of the show printed later...

Seats are from Schucks Auto. Called Scorpions.

20090710201833.jpg

20090710201817.jpg

Super glue

Just kidding. Seats come with siders. I took all of the stock sliders out and just barely had enough room to get these in. It was not easy but the just bolt to the floor with 4 bolts each seat.

i bought the same seats, but in a black cloth. put them in my spider, but they rubbed just behind the door. then i set them in my x. they came into contact with the seat belts at the bottom and that stoped them from going back far enough for me. i didnt want to mess with the belts, so my son ended up putting them in an 89 honda hatch. i somehow ended up with the honda. the seats feet great, very comfortable. just wish they were a little less bulky to fit my fiats the way i like.

those are them

Chris,,
I did have to remove the stock sliders to make them fit. I tried making some risers out of square steel tube, but that made them too high. So, unfortunately I had to grind and cut the old sliders out. But that is ok. I did not really care for the original seats and these are pretty comfy, but still a little too big. If my memory is right, the Sparco Steel series seats are a tad smaller on some of the dimensions. I will eventually get the Steels and put these in my Jeep. I also want to pick up the Sparco 3 point double harness belts but trying to figure out the best way to mount them, if I can use the stock seatbelt holes or if I will have to fabricate a new mount for them.

Back