My speaker panel

Carl_Auer

Groovy
Well, Tom got my but moving. Used a 1/4 piece of MDF, covered it in black wal-mart carpet, used a strip of aluminum to give it a lip, and recarpeted the back firewall. Painted/dyed the spare tire cover (will be replaced when I get to the subwoofer) and here you go...

20090709144730.jpg

Seats

I will snap a pic of the seats tonight at the car show. They are cheap Schucks/Oreily Scorpion "Racing" seats. Barely fit into the car. I really want to pick up a pair of Sparco Steel seats or this years version (r100?). Dimensions are a tad smaller than these seats, and price, for Sparco, is really good. Too bad the closest US dealer who has them to me is in Washington and shipping to Alaska for those would be crazy.

Thanks Tom

I had been trying to come up with something for a while, but had no good ideas. I did it harder though. The carpet on the firewall is tucked under the aluminum strip, so it gets installed at the top, then is pulled down and industrial velcroed to the firewall. Kind of tricky, and I did not get it just right, but it hides the screws and the aluminum strip pretty well.

clearance is the main issue.

No problem on the passenger side, but the gas tank is just too tall on the drivers side. I researched and all I could find that would fit, maybe, are some $200 infinity 4x6 plate speakers, and you would still have to use a spacer. Next up is a subwoofer and amp and the sound might be done, except for an iPhone dock, and I might still work on some custom kick panels to let me use 5 1/4 speakers up front instead of 4" in the door.

I have Sparco

And they are a LOT heavier than the stock seats and I had to take out all the adjustments to get them to fit. If I was to do it all over again, I would have had the stock seats redone with more "bucket" to them. Probably would have been cheeper than buying the Sparco Milano's (in black leather)

The seats your talking about look like they might fit better.

Back