Need charcoal canister bracket...

budgetzagato

Administrator
Hey gang,

I finally have most of the components of my '77 Budget Scorpion's evaporative emissions system.

What I don't have is the charcoal canister bracket. This is for the round charcoal canister and it sits on the lower subframe in the area under the fuel tank sender. If anyone has one they're not using please let me know.

I could also use some verification as to what hoses go where, either via description or pics. There are 3 hose nipples on the canister. One goes to the two-way valve, one to the intake, and there's one more that I'm not sure about.

Thanks in advance.

On some Fiat DOHC engines, the carburetor float bowl vents to the charcoal canister. Not sure if that is the case for a 77-78 lancia. If you've replaced the carb, there is a good chance the replacement does not have the vented float bowl (my 74 fiat spider 1592cc got a replacement carb with no bowl vent and an orphaned hose.)

Found...

The side nipple is indeed for a float bowl vent. Not sure if my 38DGAS has such a thing.

Got a hint to look in the owner's manual (I have a poor quality PDF of one) where there is a diagram of the vent hose system.

Have been offered the bracket by a fellow yahoo group member. I love the internet.

Back