Need education on Cromodora wheels

dxh

Addicted to exxes since 1984
Looking to better understand the different Cromodora wheel models.

Based on the pictures I've been able to find, the following pairs appear to be the same style
  • CD50 and CD31
  • CD66 and CD39
I've noticed inconsistencies in some of the pictures, in which (say) a wheel identified as a CD39 will appear to have a slightly different profile/shape than a CD66, while other pictures make both CD66 and CD39 wheels look identical.

I welcome any guidance, as well as links to authoritative information.

Looking to better understand the different Cromodora wheel models.

Based on the pictures I've been able to find, the following pairs appear to be the same style
  • CD50 and CD31
  • CD66 and CD39
I've noticed inconsistencies in some of the pictures, in which (say) a wheel identified as a CD39 will appear to have a slightly different profile/shape than a CD66, while other pictures make both CD66 and CD39 wheels look identical.

I welcome any guidance, as well as links to authoritative information.
Each Cromodora model number referred to only one size, so CD50 and CD31 are the same style, but are 14" x 6" and 13" x 5.5" respectively. Same with CD66 (13" x 7") and CD 39 (13" x 6"). The size difference may account for the slightly different appearance in some photos.

www.histowheels.com used to be a good reference for Cromodora, Campagnolo and other wheels, but that site is now "under construction".

Each Cromodora model number referred to only one size, so CD50 and CD31 are the same style, but are 14" x 6" and 13" x 5.5" respectively. Same with CD66 (13" x 7") and CD 39 (13" x 6"). The size difference may account for the slightly different appearance in some photos.

www.histowheels.com used to be a good reference for Cromodora, Campagnolo and other wheels, but that site is now "under construction".
Many thanks for the info. I had an odd suspicion it might be size-related, but then I thought "Naw, no one would use random, unrelated numbers to refer to differ sizes of the same style".

After so many decades of owning X1/9s (and a 124 Spider thrown in for good measure), you'd think I'd have learned by now...

Back