Need Help Identifying Part Mystery Part Contest

Wild guess

Without the covered detail it can only be a guess but, it looks like a trunk or hood hinge. The 'fork' with the slot would capture a bolt and be tightened while the offset would help the clearance so the flange plate (for want of a better term) wouldn't scuff the panel. This whole plate assembly would bolt to a hinge? Fiat 500/850?

Possibly...

Does the slot in this part fit the lug in the other part? If so these could be the "female" parts to the "male" side flap lugs for the top frame. WAG, I can't recall if they were a bolt on part but it would make sense.

These are all good questions. Not sure. They all have what appear to be screws held in by tape.

How about these? Not sure what these are either?

Guards...

These are weatherstrip protectors, they go on the "back seat" chassis sides where the sleek top cover latches slip past the weatherstrip to latch on each side. Otherwise the weatherstrip would get gauged by the latch part of the top cover panel.

Hope that makes sense, wish I had pics to show you.

Got parts?

OK... This parts ID contest will keep you busy.. Most of this is 850 parts but Some of it I havent figured out what it is yet....

I'll give you a few for charity's sake...:italia:

850 front outer wheel bearing.

850 front/rear inner wheel bearing seal.

850 convertible top cover panel side latch catches/hooks (one per side of top stowage area).

NFI, definitely not 850.

850 outer rear wheel bearing.

Miscellaneous brake master cylinder fluid inlet hose nipples (can use the 45º or 90º on 850's, toss out the straight one).

850 front suspension bump stops.

850 rear suspension bump stop.

World's Most Unhelpful Photo For Parts ID Purposes (really dude? wtf?).

850 suspension bushings; 2 rusty ones at lower left = idler arm bracket (possibly), 2 at upper left wrapped in tape = 850 front kingpin housing top, 4 short ones in center = front upper A-arm pivot, 2 at right = can't tell from photo (likely rear A-arm).

850 front swaybar outer end link bushings (need 4 per side).

World's Second Most Unhelpful Photo For Parts ID Purposes (might as well leave the lens cap on the camera!).

850-124-128-X1/9 front brake hose (read the label = Tubi Freni Anteriore).

X1/9 Bosch double relay? (definitely not 850).

Aftermarket candy bar (milk chocolate, no nuts).

1977-78 X1/9 1300 thermostat housing (note emissions port hole between the two mounting holes at upper/left).

Non-1977/78 X1/9 thermostat housing (how do you not know these???).

850 convertible top side retainer brackets/straps/lugs (Gregory nailed this one).

850 Spider misc rubber straps, top to bottom; spare tire retainer, conv. top stowage, tool box stowage (only need 2).

850 front swaybar pivot bushings (not rear!).

124 Spider conv. top boot (not conv. top!) rear retainer hooks (already on eBay).

Late 850 Spider reverse lamp lenses; pretty much junk because all of the lens retainer screw mounting tubes are broken off/missing.

850 Spider front trunk/124 Spider rear trunk courtesy light.

850 rear A-arm bolt adjustment shims.

:bored:

And...

OK. This one has me stumped...

850 spider conv. top frame side hooks. Mounts on side pivot bar of conv. top frame (1 per side), the fork on it engages the large "pin" on the side flap retainer bracket/strap/lug (see previous post) to hold the sides of the conv. top (material) in place instead of flapping in the breeze like wings.

Almost. =)

These are weatherstrip protectors, they go on the "back seat" chassis sides where the sleek top cover latches slip past the weatherstrip to latch on each side. Otherwise the weatherstrip would get gauged by the latch part of the top cover panel.

While they do "protect" the conv. top stowage panel weatherstripping in a way, their main function is to act as the bottom hook/catch part of the side latches for the panel. :geek:

Ah yes...

I thought I knew where they went, but of course without one to play with couldn't remember precisely how they worked. I guess I was 1/2 right. :clap:

OK I guess I I owe Jeff the Steak Dinner. Tell me where to send the prize money...:clap::clap::clap:

Also...

Here's a few photos of what real 850 Spider bumper tip gaskets should look like:

Front view, noting the center web at top of photo:

Back view, showing integrated center web within the "U" shape:

Closed-off ends (center groove does not extend out into open space):

These are nothing at all like what you're calling "original" on eBay:
IMG_6868_zpsc501afbe.jpg

As a side note, your listing says "These are the original deal. Not some NOS. These have been sealed in a bag for 30 years...". Generally speaking, if parts are unused factory originals, sealed in a bag for 30 years, then they are "NOS". The term NOS stands for "New Old Stock", ie: old (age-wise) factory original parts that are still in new & unused condition. :brow:

Yes It looks like you are correct. I think what had me confused is I found these in the same bag and I got them mixed up, I have identified these as the ones that go on the license plate light.

Lets do lunch. Its on me.. I will throw up some bonus ones for you later.. Jeff:eat:

I disagree...

IMG_6868_zpsc501afbe.jpg

...I have identified these as the ones that go on the license plate light.

Nnnnope. :grin: The 1966-72 850 Spider bumper-mounted license plate lights don't use any trim gasket at all, & the 1973-only 850 Spider body-mounted rear license plate lights (black trapezoid-shaped plastic housings, same as on X1/9) don't use these trim gaskets either, they have a flat moulded-rubber base gasket, like this:

4285508.jpg

The other 850's don't use any trim gaskets like these on their license plate lights, either.

I'm still pretty confident that these rubber strip gaskets are for the back edges of the bumper overriders, where the overrider comes in contact with the face of the bumper blade. These photos (courtesy of C. Obert & Co.) show this trim gasket mounted in the arched area of the side of the chrome overrider block:

4246434U.jpg

4246433U.jpg

THat is strange.. I tried and they didnt fit the bumpers but they fit the license plate lights. This is why I assumed that was what they were for.

I will get them out and take some more pics...

Back