need help on single bumper conversion

Kevin Cozzo

True Classic
painted my car- A YEAR AGO, and the only thing I need is the front bumper and turn signals- Gonna order a bumper rail from Matt, should I use the upper or lower bar? and what are my turn signal options, can I use the stock 77 brackets? Any pics or suggestions would be appreciated. Also, I know this isn't FSW section, but I am looking for rubber ends that are damaged, as I'll be cutting them up
Thanks for any advice- really want to drive my X again

_IGP1248.JPG
_IGP1247.JPG
]
I have some updated shots still in the camera I'll post tomorrow, I think I used the upper bars and I drilled holes in the pistons to compress the shocks for a tighter look. I also moved the blinkers slightly in front.

Chris
Oakland, Ca.

hmmm

so those are factory early model brackets for the lights? I was thinking of cutting the rubbers ends into a simple end blocks, so I'm wondering if I should use the short or long 76-78 bar, or try to find a 75 which is longer. Already got the shocks drilled and compressed

Mine are from a 76

IMGP1816.JPG

IMGP1817.JPG

IMGP1815.JPG

IMGP1814.JPG

I fabricated the blinker bracket from the original piece, I actually like the early Euro style bumpers and eventually will convert to that style. My daughter is half owner operator and she likes this style.

Chris
Oakland, ca

Looks good Chris

I think I will be doing this to my 78 in the near future. I like the fact that there is still a bit of protection from a casual bump into a pole, etc. But the best thing about it is I already own the bumpers. Those early Euro bumpers are pretty pricey these days.
IM001625.jpg

I think the 78 would look much sleeker with the single rail mod and compressed shock tubes.

My son's 81

Done with '75 bumpers and ends. Bumper shocks were compressed and the front ones turned up/down with bottom cut off to raise bumper. Stock turn signals mounted directly in cut-out blanking plates.

Classic Mittelstead conversion!

BlackAndGreenX19.jpg

Karhawk what is that color? Do you have a paint code for it? I was considering painting one of my cars that color... JJ:thumbsup:

I'll get back to you on the color code, the car is sitting in a friends garage in San Francisco waiting for an axle.

Chris

paint # 299 Sunset Orange, 75-76 only on X1/9

Same color as MacX.
Same color I'll use on my RaceX, in Mac's memory.
Quintessential '70s color.
Right there with Lime Green.

I guess I'm the oddball of the community, but I like ladder bumpers. When I first seen pics of them in old adds, I was like :huh2:. After owning an X with them, I really like the looks. They give a very nice side profile when I ogle myself in the reflections of glass on office buildings :p

ladder bumper...

saved my front end years ago- 5 mph head on with a lady in my neighborhood ( I was stopped- she wasn't) The bumper really did what it was supposed to do. If I was going for stock- I'd go back with them, just want something different

Just ideas tossing about in my head but: Let say someone wanted to make a semi "sleeper" type X1/9 using a Dallara kit, retaining the pop up head lights, no rear wing, using factory paint color with factory decal kit and Ladder bumpers. Anyone think it could look good? I would assume the ladders would need lengthened a couple inches so it looked factory to the flares. Anyone a pro at P-shop and wanna make a rendering?

Back