Need Info for Wikipedia

Dan Sarandrea (Phila)

Waitin' On Parts...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_X1/9#Production

I'm fleshing out a yearly chart on Wikipedia so have a look and let me know what I missed.

For our Canadian bretheren, does everything written on Wikipedia about USA cars apply to Canadian cars, too?

Also looking for ideas in what to include in the Post Production section. I know I want to mention at least this stuff:
1. X1/9s in SCCA autocross
2. FFO
3. Why do we buy and drive X1/9s?
3. Online community: XWeb, UK owners site, Dierk's registry

Depends on how much detail you want to go into...

'76 - larger (and interim) "ladder" type bumpers to meet US regulations
'77 - first "offical" RHD version
'80 - first FI cars for US market (Bosch L-Jetronic)
'82 - Fiat pulls out of US market
'83 - first Bertone badged cars in US (some debate here as I've read '84 as well)
'89 - "Grande Finale" version (not available in US)

If you wanted to go into the minutia the list could get quite long...

And don't forget the Corsa

Factory body kit for Betone cars. Damn sexy.

Early X Corsa kit was some striping and a tail I think.

Hi Greg,
Was the Bertone Corsa kit fitted at the factory or was it a port installed or dealer installed option? Any idea of the original sticker price?

Inquiring minds want to know:pc:;)

Was the Bertone Corsa kit fitted at the factory or was it a port installed or dealer installed option?

From Phil Ward's book...

"In 1975... ...the first X1/9 update, the Corsa, was presented at that year's Turin show. Significantly, this car was offered not by Fiat, but by Bertone, the coachbuilder, well aware that a sportier version had potential. The Corsa had special wheels, wheelarch trims and a rear deck spoiler, but retained the original mechanical specification."

It later mentioned the top was body colored.

No information on price...

The 75 Corsa may have been a one off"

From Phil Ward's book...

"In 1975... ...the first X1/9 update, the Corsa, was presented at that year's Turin show. Significantly, this car was offered not by Fiat, but by Bertone, the coachbuilder, well aware that a sportier version had potential. The Corsa had special wheels, wheelarch trims and a rear deck spoiler, but retained the original mechanical specification."

It later mentioned the top was body colored.

No information on price...

It looked like this:
x19corsa2.jpg

Special thanks to "Paul in the low countries", as I stole the pic from one of his threads. :)

The only major difference

between the US and Canada I can think of is that the Bertone's where not available here. Other than that the differences would be minor, like our instrument cluster is metric.

When you say the Bertones were not available does that mean that post '82 there were no X1/9s sold in Canada or does that mean that from post '82 thru 87? they remained badged as FIATs?

1980 ????

I have a 1979 and 1981 . I'm not sure if the 1980 were braught in. I think the F.I. wasn't available yet, but not sure on this. The 1982 I don't know but after this none were braught in ( Fiat or Bertone )

Back