Need to re-torque head

Jeff N

Your Mileage May Vary
After my recent engine rebuild, my head is overdue to be re-torqued. Since I'm not likely to ever need to do this again, I really don't want to go out and buy the tools. Is there anyone in the Tacoma/Seattle/Olympia area that has a set I can borrow? I can also pay shipping if someone outside the area is willing to mail them.

Thanks for the help.

Jeff

You can go to auto zone or kragen and rent one... They want about five bucks plus a $100 deposit... But that's what credit cards are for.

I don't think autozone rents special Fiat tools, you need three tools to get the job done with the cam box on.

Someone up there must have a set to loan you

Big Thanks to Matthew!

For the head bolt tools. Had a nice 45 minute drive up to Redmond from Tacoma to pick them up, the first excuse I've really had to take a drive longer than around town since the rebuild. Love the sound of that engine.

Your welcome!

Sorry I didn't have time to chat. It seems I never run out of work these days. I guess that's a good problem to have.

I have an extra set of head bolt tools I could sell...

If anyone wants them, let me know. I was going to through them onto e-bay, just have not had time.

It is the two special tools used for the bolts.
Best offer starting at $50? plus shipping.

If anyone wants them, let me know. I was going to through them onto e-bay, just have not had time.

It is the two special tools used for the bolts.
Best offer starting at $50? plus shipping.

How about $50 shipped :) I'll take 'em for that, just to save me having to make my own.

EDIT -IF they are the 17mm head version for 1500 motor...

Back