Need Windshield

I have the original from my ‘74. It’s a little brown around the edges but I don’t think there’s any surface damage. I’m near Placerville. I can check it after work if you’re interested.

I'm told that new windshields are actually available so you might want to check with automotive glass shops.

Thanks to all who responded. Spoke to FP today, they have New Old Stock windshields. Except some have de-lamaniting problems for ? reasons. The windshield has been removed from the 74' for some work to be done at the base of the windshield (that common rust area) due to antenna hole leaking-seeping water over decades. The OE windshield is not bad, it has one ding. Question is to fix this ding or to shop over the pile for a better one.

More soon,
Bernice

Bernice I have the windshield that I removed from my X. It has some delamination around the edges but is in "ok" condition. I replaced it with a new one that I found by calling several small, local, independent windshield installers. I think this is one of the few companies (FYG -- in Asia) that still makes them for our exxies:
upload_2018-1-13_15-30-5.png

Thanks for the reply.
Decided to re-install the current windshield. The ding is at it's largest apex is under 8mm and likely repairable. It appears to be an older after market windshield with no problems other than this small rock chip. The chrome trim is still on the windshield. This would need to be removed if another windshield is installed. For now to expedite getting the body work done, the original WS will need to go back in.

Thanks to all who replied,
Bernice

Bernice I have the windshield that I removed from my X. It has some delamination around the edges but is in "ok" condition. I replaced it with a new one that I found by calling several small, local, independent windshield installers. I think this is one of the few companies (FYG -- in Asia) that still makes them for our exxies:
View attachment 7674

Back