Need your vote here

Jim McKenzie

1972 850 Spider
Which of the two Bertone center caps would YOU get for the X1/9 below?

I am looking at either the black "B" caps or the blue/yellow Torino caps (the two on the bottom). Which would YOU get?

4608981278_b3f13ca1cc_b.jpg

4608460929_afa7b4ac82_o.jpg

Thanks for your "vote" :)

Henk now has the Yellow Bertone with Black outside

I have the yellow with the aluminum outside, but I think the black would look better on your car.

These center caps are the best I have ever seen.:worship:

Actually.. you want OPINIONS...

... and it makes me wonder why you would care what I might like or what the MAJORITY might like. Whatever YOU choose... I'll still be your friend!

Some folks will actually tell you which cap is RIGHT and which cap is WRONG. Therein again... unless you are into CAMOFLAGE... and trying to blend into your surroundings, I would say color would not really matter.

(Maybe I hit on the a possiblity here... choosing what the MAJORITY likes kinda brings you into the group, or blends you into the surroundings! AH HA! Boy... am I good!)

Welp... ir-regardless... here is what I THINK the colors and caps do...

1. NONE... A purist would say they are all incorrect for the car, even if it is a BERTONE... as it is now depicted to be an early FIAT. Sell the wheels and buy the proper steel ones with the black FIAT center caps.

2. NONE... A purist RACER would say they only add weight, inhibit air flow, add nothing to forward speed or handling. Leave them off.

3. THE COLOR BLACK... is kinda subdued and does not catch the eye for either the Scorpian or B logos... Good if you are kinda timid... so repaint the car Medium Metallic Blue and loose the side stripes.

4. THE COLOR RED... especially with the Scorpian Logo (ABARTH) says RACER and really draws your attention to the wheels. Red is danger, speed and all those GOOD things associated with racing. Mike Sotor did this with his racer, and at one time Ricardo Borja had Red caps on his yellow car also. Really pops and works for all I've indicated above.

5. THE COLOR YELLOW... and the mild mannered Bertone wording kinda matches and goes nicely with the cars body color... and says CRUISER or GT car. Again... loose the stripes... The BLUE in the logo would go well with a repaint to Medium Mettallic Blue body color and then the yellow would pop.

IN CONCLUSION... If it were MY car and I wanted to carry on the CURRENT RACY THEME you've created with the YELLOW body color the BLACK RACY STRIPES, and the BUMPERLESS treatment... A nice touch of RED in the center caps would really pop and also be APPROPRIATE.

In a word, RIGHT for the car.

Just MY opinion... and what I base it on...

But PLEASE... do what YOU want... and I'll support your decision regardless of YOUR reasoning.

Now... wanna add a rear wing? We can start this conversation all over again!

HA!

My vote is for...

...the red Abarth caps. The red accent would be welcome. That rim style looks dead without any color.

Tony, he really didnt want your opinion, he wanted everyone elses.:grin: The black bertone would look best on your car. The yellow on the other cap dosent match your car very well. I think red caps are over done.

Really good quality

Jim,
If the yellow Bertone with black outside is available I think it will be my choice, but the most important think, those center caps from Henk are really good quality, I have a set and I'm very happy:grin:.

My vote

polish out the CD-91s and go with the the red Abarth :)

IMG_0699.jpg

Props to Tom Angle for the photo.

Paint the Wheels and use the black logo

The wheels need fresh paint. That is more important than the caps.
Then use either the black Bertone or scorpion cap. The others are too gaudy. thats my opinion.
Bob

On my green exxie

I had these Cromadora CD92's and it looked great with the FIAT centre cap in red...
Abarth_magtyre.jpg

X19afterresto15.jpg

I reckon the red is like a woman's lipstick - just a little finishing touch of class. (Not too much, mind...)

Back