New $2 Million Bertone

Ewwww.

There are so many Bertone designed cars I would love to own. This is not one of them.

I would have kept the jetstream blue ZR1 donor and the extra $1.9 million.:whistle:

Excellant sites...

Not much that I like in the "today" section. But a lot of great stuff earlier on.

I would like one of the all aluminum X1/9 s they did with AlCan

Bertone did a project in the early eighties with AlCan to build several Xs and bodies in white out of aluminum to prove out welding riveting and adhering of panels. They apparently used much of the standard dies for the production X of the time.

I have always wanted one of those chassis to build a new light weight X. I don't know how many rollers were built (at least two) or how many bodies in white they did in addition for development (I have found reference to 5).

AlCan later applied what was learned to good use with the Audi A8 and A2 as well as several prototypes and the current R8, and Honda with the NSX.

Slanted planes

The multiple slanted planes of this design seem to be influenced by the stelth design of modern military aircrafts and ships.
The design is too complicated for my taste. Nature applause simplicity.

I never did care for car designs that were not gracefully penned. I either prefer them simple and aggressive-lean, or simple and chubby-cute. The art has to have some kind of proportion. This new Bertone design (Where did I hear that they had closed up shop? :hmm2:) is too busy and cluttered for my tastes. But if anyone wants to give one away.....

Very interesting....

Nothing exceeds like excess.

I still say is doesn't hold a candle to the Stratos Prototype in terms of
being jarringly radical.

I agree..... too many hard lines. It looks too CAD designed, and less human influenced. Besides, it looks like the stole the headlights from a Cadillac.

Back