New England X1/9 Meet and Greet - March 28th

Paul Stoltze

True Classic
X1/9 aficionados and their significant others are invited to help me celebrate my garage makeover! Meet up with friends after the long winter. Have some beer and barbecue. Show up early if you want to participate in some X1/9 tech sessions on my '74 X1/9 rebuild and race motor prep.

Date: Saturday, March 28th.
Time: Tech sessions: Noon, Barbecue: 4pm
Place: 82 Fairview Park Road, Sturbridge, MA

We're in!

Carol & I will be there. Likely on the early side. Maybe bring some X1/9 goodies. :dance2:

Let me know if you need anything. :worship:

Erika and I will be there as well! I also have a keg of Red ale if you all want draft on the premises.

Bob, wanna bring the generator..?

thanks much Bob

and I'll bring the $20 that Tony owes everyone :) Seriously Bob PM me and let me know what I owe you for your efforts on this.

Could I possibly get on the tech session agenda, think I need a diode repair on my right headlight pod... and would like help.

I'm offering to bring either jambalaya or lasagna Paul...

Thanks Jim!

Jambalaya would go great with the BBQ. I have never repaired a headlight, but I have a lot of spare parts that might help.

Paul

Early is no problem

Bob - glad you guys can make it! I'd like some help getting my windshield removed, so if you have special tools for the job please bring them along.

Paul

Reminder - meet and greet on Saturday

For anyone within driving distance of central Massachusetts, you are welcome to join us for a get-together of New England X-heads. Typical of this Spring, the weather will give us a high temperature of only 39F, but I'll have a heater in the garage. See you then!

Paul

Planning on coming

I'm new to the group, having only purchased my '74 last July. It's currently in pieces in my garage as I'm slowly restoring it, so the car won't make it to the party, but I will.

Thanks for hosting. Looking forward to meeting the N.E. contingency.

Paul: Wish I could be there. I've got a semi-work-related class at the local maker space to learn arduino programming this Saturday, and then have to get some work done on our family Accord. I will of course be blasting and cleaning some X-parts while I'm there ;-)

Hoping to get some time with fellow New England X-folks this summer. June and Aug are already lively with work and personal travel but hoping July will provide some options for that!

Hope you guys have a great time!

get together

it's really not fair to us west coasters. hope all have fun and enjoy the day!!
if one of my x's were ready I might of thought of making the journey
from nor cali.....
but alas:(
matt check your e mail as I have a new wish list for the x I got from mike m (the other mike)
mikemo:sun:

Thank you, Paul!

It was great meeting you - and Jim and Rooster, too!

Fun chatting about everything from Fiats to Top Gear... including the toughest question you could ever ask a car fanatic: "if you could only have one car and you had an unlimited budget, which one would it be?"

Looking forward to more events. :guitar:

Meet and Greet update

Weather was worse than expected. Bob Brown and is wife Carol did not make it. We got about 2" of snow through the day. Yet Jim McKenzie braved the conditions and showed up in his K20 conversion X1/9. Mike Soter and his wife Erika came. Mike showed off some of his race motor parts - high compression pistons, big valve head, and dual DCOEs. Scott Weiner became an X1/9 owner last summer, and joined us for the first time. Scott has a white '74 X in his garage and has started a restoration on it. It was a fun visit, with a lot of stories shares and a windshield removed from my '74 without breaking!

Paul

Back