New FIAT X1/9 Windshields Available!!!

Colltech

'85 and '83
As promised, I am posting to share the information on the supplier I found who has a stock of new X1/9 windshields ready to ship!

Here are the details:

The company is Prosource Glass in Massachusetts
You can call and ask for Lois - tell her Ed in Austin sent you.
Phone: (877) 345-2800
Price: $315 for the windshield, $25 Crate Fee + Shipping
Shipping to Texas (for me) is $165 if shipped to a business (more if shipped to a house).

If you were to buy two (which I just did), the crating and shipping stay the same as ordering just one!

They had 12 in stock - 5 clear and 7 tinted. I just ordered one clear and one tinted so, 10 left. These are British (Triplex) made and I think, higher quality than the Chinese ones which I Was told, have had fitment issues.

Unless you live in New England and can pick one up, $500 for one ($820 for two) may sound a bit high, but I believe its on par with what Vick's and others used to charge. In any event, even a fully restored X1/9 can become garage art if you lose a windshield and can't replace it!

Best regards,

Ed
Austin, TX

So these windshield are good to go huh, are they NOS? Also how dark are the tinted one. I'm thinking about getting one of each.

I cannot personally attest to the quality, tint or fit until I receive my order. Greg says (above) they are good people and I have no reason to believe otherwise. I'll let you know about the tint when I get mine as I've ordered one tint and one clear.

Ed

Prosource may be able to ship glass to another one of its warehouses where you can pick it up in person for less than having it shipped to you. No experience with these exact X windshields, but I have used Prosource for an Alfa windshield last year and they were great to work with and good prices.

Update on the Prosource Windshields:

Turns out the Prosource folks got confused and were quoting me inventory on FIAT 124 windshields - NOT X1/9 windshields! Where they thought they has 12 in stock - those were 124's. They only had THREE X1/9 windshields and they may be the last three in the USA. I ordered two of the and they arrived today - thankfully, undamaged!

They sent they were "clear" but I think they have slight tint to them (which is good).

There's one left up there - somebody should grab it!
FIAT Windshields in crate.jpg
Ed

Is the brand label on the windshield(s) you received Saint-Gobain or British (Triplex) ?

Is the brand label on the windshield(s) you received Saint-Gobain or British (Triplex) ?

Neither. The crate had St. Gobain branded on it but I suspect the shipper just repurposed it from a St. Gobain shipment they had formerly received. The 124 windshields ewre Triplex - the X1/9 ones are Chinese.

Ed

So is this possibly it for new windshields? For good or just for now?
Can't say for sure but I certainly exhausted all me known sources (MWB, Vicks, etc.) and no one was selling new ones. Safelite and the other national glass installers came up dry as well.

Ed

Jeff,

I believe at one point Prosource had several of the Chinese ones and Vick's used to resell them but had too much trouble with shipping/breakage, etc. Maybe there are more in China but I don't think there are more here!

Ed

There is a vendor in NJ (northern) that has X1/9 windshields. I bought one from them last fall. $285. I picked it up to avoid $$$ shipping. It's not Chinese, if I recall correctly. Not OEM of course. BKClassic AutoGlass

I just called and spoke to Bobby at BKClassic AutoGlass. He does not have any more X1/9 glass and he is winding the business down.

Ed

Has anyone tried Pilkington or Pilkington Classics lately ? I think last I spoke to them - a year or so ago - they still had plenty of X1/9 - and Scorpion - windshields.

FYI, I spoke to Curt at Pilkington just now and NO, they do not have an X1/9 windshields left either.

Ed

Back