New Guy but not new to x's

dontilgon

True Classic
Hope I posted in the rite place. Just wanted to introduce myself. I had 2 87 bertones and sold the last one to a lucky guy in PA about 5 or 6 years ago. Dum biest move I ever made(aside for taking the midnight shift for the year:wall:) Well now Iam looking for another low milage 87. Iam little handy with the wrench but no expert. I will post a pic of my last x when I get to my home computer. Hope to talk/see you guys soon.
Joe

Welcome aboard

This place is full of guys who are sorry they sold their X or that they bought it.:excited:
Either way they are a great bunch and it is a great place to be in.

Hi-ya Joe,

Welcome to the XWeb!
I don't know of any 1987 X's for sale, but I'll have a 1979 for sale in the fall that sports a complete 1987 interior and a nearly complete re-build. Let me know if you're still in the market in (say) late August, September.

still true today...

"An X1/9 will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no X1/9."

- stolen from the Furry Freak Brothers

Thanks guys for the warm and fuzzy welcome. Noodles best quote I heard I /read in awhile. I gave the 87corsa guy a call today but I just think its a bit to much for me. The kit really doesnt do it for me but for the right price:)

Welcome Joe... now go to EBAY and buy the BLUE one...

... you won't regret it no matter how much you pay.

And just in case yur wondering... I know the car intimately and the owner almost as much... but I ain't gonna be the one that spills the beans here 'cause he hasn't yet...

Yur shootin' yurself in the foot here, Joe...

Its worth twice the bid right now in just the upgrades (leather interior, tires, stereo) and reliability...

I guess ya just haveta LOVE BLUE... like me...

It's about time..

...We won you over, Tony

Joe: go for the blue-X of happiness!

Welcome from another Joe in blue.

Welcome To The X Family

Keep looking and an X should show up that is just right for you.
Keep in mind few 87' and 88' were imported to the US. I sort of remember less than 1,000 1988 were imported making them rare.

The basic chassis is pretty much the same, but there are many, many slight variations in parts used and etc over the years and some of these production changes are not well documented.

Regardless, enjoy what ever X you end up with.

Oh, one more thing.. millage is less important than actual condition of the car. Put any car into an event like 24 hours of LeMons and the car will not be the same before the start. Same holds true for any owner who drives the wheels of it every day for years on end and does zero maintenance.

Good point guys and thanks. Here's a pic of the car I let go about 6 yrs ago and never stopped regretting it. Can someone explain to me the whole corsa thing. I know it just a kit but what years were they offered. Maybe theres a link with the history. I was always looking for a White on black but you never really see white ones.
car1.jpg

What a SWEET LOOKIN' RIDE...

Hopefully if you get another one this nice, or build another this nice, ya don't "do stupid" again!

Love the wheels!

Back