New guy from Vegas

Vegas914

John Peterson
Howdy y'all -

This '84 just made an unplanned landing in my driveway. I think I will keep it for a while. :) I will be lurking for a bit and checking out some old threads before I start asking stupid questions.
p4037513.jpg

Welcome John

Glad to have you with us. Nice looking X too.

We loves us some pictures. :dance2:

Welcome!!!

Welcome to the board, you'll find it a great place to hang out. I absolutely love your wheels btw, I am looking for an exact set of those (or the unobtanium five spoke Cromo's ) to replace my Cromodora CD 91's. I think it gives an X (like yours) a really nice retro, classy look.

Welcome again!

I concur with Jim, those wheels look fantastic. What is the manufacturer and model? Aftermarket or original?
The whole car looks very nice.

Mesh Wheels

This isn't working out the way I planned. :mallet: I expected you to be telling me about my new toy.
Actually . . . this is better, 'cause I don't even know what questions to ask.

The wheels say 6Jx13H2E23 and TYP 1924-D and MSW on the front. I will have to pull one tomorrow and check the back. The logo on the center caps match the logo on the wheels.
msw_logo.png

Verdict: Aftermarket. I agree they give the car a classic, cool, retro look with the tiny 175-70-13 tires. (I run 245-45-16 on my 914)

This inspired me to pull the spare out for the first time. Very funky. :eek:mg: The front is two-tone black and silver. All it says is X19 and 0180 and X19. The back has two strange lips and no markings. Is this stock?
The tire is 155-80-13. Is this the biggest that will fit in the stock location?

+1

Welcome to the Italian X family..
There are no "Stupid" questions, just questions.

Now about that 914.. Looks 914-6 or even 916_ish..
The guess will be, it has a 911 flat 6 and the usual bits from a 914-6.. no?

What are your plans for the X and why did you get a X being a current 914 owner (it's got to be more than the mid-engine chassis)?

Bernice

Welcome John. That's a beautiful 914. Care to share the build sheet?

Cheers,

///Mike

As Bernice says...there are no stupid questions here...
I didn't what to ask the same questions that have already been answered a dozen times. I also learn more by reading old threads.

What are your plans for the X and why did you get a X being a current 914 owner
I go and look at interesting cars for sale all the time. Usually I walk away. This X was a nice, unmolested example, so I made the guy a low ball offer. To my surprise - he accepted. My plans are to keep it on the road.

Thanks for the wheel info.
My spare is a full size. It even has the same OEM alloy rim as the wheels on the car. So a 175-70-13 should be no problem in the spare compartment.

Now about that 914.. Looks 914-6 or even 916_ish..
The guess will be, it has a 911 flat 6 and the usual bits from a 914-6.. no?

Good call Bernice. :) The car has a name. She is Elvira. :love: '73 body, early bumpers and doors, factory steel flares, Porsche 3.0 liter CIS flat 6, Carrera brakes, 901 transmission, Getty dash, GTS seats. Most of the stock parts are gone.

index.php

index.php

Well John... that's all good...

As we kinda hate re-writing stuff all the time... but this is sort of a REALTIME forum. Don't be afraid to ask... as we will generally direct you to the answer in Best Of or Best Of Wiki.

As for the 914... I like mine with all aluminum 30 V8s in 'um... HA!

Too bad you got a "girl"... as a "guy" Porsche would be a whole lot less trouble!

Welcome again... and do - do research or ask around first on the X as it'll save you LOTS of time, money, and frustration!

when you drive a Bertone...

What do they yell when you drive a Bertone? "Nice Ferrari"?

I wish.

More often it's confused with the Triumph TR7/8 :hrmph: and for reasons that are utterly obscure to me, the people at JiffyLube believe that it's a "Ford Fiat, sort of like the Fiesta".

(Although a surprising number of people do recognize the X... I have many happy stories too)

Theres a near identical black 914 here at the Euromasters showroom. I think its one of the owners personal race cars.

I would love one of those with an STI motor in the back :)

Back