New guy from Vegas

Welcome

Welcome and best wishes.

Seeing that 914 reminds me of that big blow up we had with the 914 forum that raged on for weeks. That was like 5 years ago or something.

... and out of it came at least...

... ONE good friendship!

In memory of Howard! May he tear up the heavens!

Howard-1.jpg

DSCN0960.jpg

This is he 914 Club Sticker Howard placed in my rear window so that I would "feel" part of the group!

HAHAHA!

The membership made me feel welcome also... maybe they were just trying ta make up for the embarrassment that a few of their members caused... but a great bunch of ROWDY guys in person...

There was also one 914-6 and one 914 V8 in attendance. Awesome machines!

Welcome to the board, you'll find it a great place to hang out. I absolutely love your wheels btw, I am looking for an exact set of those (or the unobtanium five spoke Cromo's ) to replace my Cromodora CD 91's. I think it gives an X (like yours) a really nice retro, classy look.

Welcome again!
Personally if money (and shipping charges) were no object, I'd be in the market for good condition CD 91s, a personal favorite of mine!

...But forgive my selfish rambling.
Welcome to Xweb. Your cars are beautiful! It looks like you enjoy them to the fullest!

Last edited:
Steel flairs and an SC engine? Nicely done. Very attractive and tasteful car that is bound to be a hoot to drive. If you do as much and as well with your X you'll have a really sweet pair of mid-engine toys.

Cheers,

///Mike

family

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. :sun:

Yes, I do remember when some of the rowdy 914 guys invaded.
(I didn't know it was this X19 forum.) Please accept my apology if anyone got butt hurt.

Tony - Thanks for the picture of Howard. That really makes me feel at home here.

BTW - the 914 club is having an event in Reno/Tahoe, May 14-16. Are there any members here in that area? You are all welcome to come and crash our party.

HA! Thanks John... what a weekend...

... in the middle of May!

I have been invited to soooo many things that weekend... I plan on heading to San Diego for the North County Corvette Show at Seaport Village... I will be attempting to bring home some more HARDWARE with my '69 Coupe. HA! But thank you for the offer.

BTW, I was STRAINING to remember what they called their club and it finally came to me...

N.A.R.P. - Not A Real Porsche!

HA... the 914 was SHUNNED even by their own... ALMOST like the X1/9 was but I don't believe the X was shunned within it's family... (maybe that's what makes 914 owners so CRAZY...) none the less... I now understand where many of the NARP members felt we had an affinity towards each other.

ORPHANS need to stick together! Maybe that is why our Fun Run with the local PINTO club was so successful a few years back...

HAHAHAHA!

Not ONE single FIAT or PINTO joke was heard... HAHAHAHAHA!​

A long long time ago in a place called the Eighties (when I was in my twenties) my then- sister-in-law wrecked her car and then her Dad bought her a 914. I had never seen one before. It was green, and it sat there on the pavement of the driveway like a predatory insect. I thought it was just a lovely thing that I could only admire from afar. Another of her drunken and coked out nights and she wrecked the gorgeous thing. That was the last car my father-in-law bought for her.
In addition those inlaws had bought a black 928. I sat in it and thought how much I felt like I was in the cockpit of a jet aircraft. So cool.

I too have been impressed...

... by a few Porsches...

My brother had a 924 in Sable Brown with a tan interior that was flat gorgeous and ran like a rocket... stopped like one also... but unless you pressed the car, it was kinda just a CAMRY otherwise...

Gilles on this site has a Cayman also and that car just DOES what you are THINKING... instantly. But in the words of Gilles... it just doesn't have the soul of a Fiat X1/9!

HA! I haveta agree...

MSW wheels

Hi there 'vegas914'.

The wheels you are enquiring about - MSW - are not a 'stock' X wheel; these are aftermarket, but are just as likely to have been on the X since new; perhaps a dealer added these to sweeten the sale?

I have a similar set; whereas yours are chrome and black, mine are chrome and gold; matches the gold bodywork on my 81X.

These chrome\gold wheels are akin to yours:

MSW Type 1924-D 6Jx13H2 E23
The inside says '87' and Made in Italy.

To fit these wheels and to keep the track right, I have to add 4 spacers to each hub, longer wheel bolts and new wheel lugs. But a 185/60 x 13 fits right up front and 205/60 x 13 on the rear. My spare sits on an original CD91 Cromadora with a too wide 165/70 x13 (it's too snug in the spare wheel well). It's a challenge to get the Pioneer sub woofer fit right onto that spare wheel.

Welcome aboard the X train. Thaks for your pics it's a neat X. Judging by your NARP 91xx, you appreciate it!

thanks
chrisE
81 X (Sophie)

At 4 stock wheel spacers, the wheel will no longer be hub-centric or the wheel no longer centers on the wheel's center. This could easily cause the wheel to be off center when mounted resulting in wheel balance problems.

Bernice

To fit these wheels and to keep the track right, I have to add 4 spacers to each hub, longer wheel bolts and new wheel lugs.

81 X (Sophie)

Anyone have a link to that "Big Blow Up"? If it is still archived, I'm curious to read it.

Bernice

Welcome and best wishes.
Seeing that 914 reminds me of that big blow up we had with the 914 forum that raged on for weeks. That was like 5 years ago or something.

I believe it was deleted by Mac

Anyone have a link to that "Big Blow Up"? If it is still archived, I'm curious to read it.

Bernice

Basically the 914 server went down and they found the N54 Xweb server and decided to take over and fill pages. It was at least a few pages of 914 guys just being a PITA because they could. Just one drawback to the old Xweb open "guest" posting rules.

Welcome and nice Porsche...

A 914-6 must be a hoot to drive. I too was a Porsche owner (67, 80 and 87 911's) many years ago when I lived in AZ and southern CA but had to sell that last one 'cos the offset clutch pedal due to the wheel well intruding really aggravated my injured back. :sigh:

Back