New member intro

artsifrtsi

Low Mileage
I've owned too many vehicles over the years, to include 4 Fiats. My first car was a '74 Fiat 128aR... it was the rally spec with the 1300, headers and dual bbl carb... lot's of fun. Second Fiat was a '78 128a. About 8 years ago I had 2 X's '76 and '77. One I had started to turn into a track car and the other I was still deciding on wha to do with.... situations changed and I had to get rid of them. I missed having a mid-ship, so I found a really nice '85 MR2 and drove that around for a couple years. Wife and I moved to upstate NY from Idaho, and I sold the MR2. Now looking for another mid... thought about the NSX, but too much $$. Just found and looked at a '85 X for $700, and trying to talk wife into it...

A man of few words!!!

Welcome artsifrtsi!!

Or is just "art" OK? :)

Welcome Artsi!
You have come to the right place. If its an X, or a Fiat, ths is a great source for info. But it sounds as if you are already ahead of the game based on you prior Fiat toys.

Upstate NY????

artsifrtsi,
Where upstate NY are you? I'm in the Watertown, ny area. Well, not right now. I'm in Iraq. but when I get home in Oct maybe we can get together and chat Fiat. There also some other Xheads in the area. hopefully they will chime in and say HI.

That's exactly where I am! If I'm still here in Oct, then yeah... I'm supposed to PCS to Campbell this year... I wish I had looked at the x sooner...

Thanks Artsi! I picked it up last summer on a whim. I then had to decided whether to sell the 128 or the spider. It took a while, but I came to the right decision, and sold the spider.
I wish I could get my hands on a 2 dr, but the 4 dr works better with kids.

Art... Welcome from Sunny SoCal also... and about the wife...

Hmmmm...

Unless she initially thinks the car is CUTE, forget about asking anything.

Ifin' ya have kept her and the kids warm and fed... then you DESERVE this kinda self abuse.

Welcome to the addiction...

WOW your in northern NY

There telling us we should be home early OCT. If you would like to see my X. It in storge at CareFree storage in Carthage. Theres even a car show in carthage every wed at 18:00 at the Gas station right next to the Mc Donalds. Your welcome to get the car out for a quick drive and maybe to the car show. If you deside to get it out I can contact the storage place so you can get it. here is a link to a few pics of it.
http://gs104.photobucket.com/groups/m193/EL1OC9NO4J/

Let me know what you think.:dance:

Back