Carl W

Daily Driver
Hello to all. I owned an x 1/9 from 1977 to 82. I've always wanted to get another one and finally pulled the trigger. My ebay purchase should be here Thursday. I can't wait. Being retired I'm looking forward to spending a lot of time with the car. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Black/black

Welcome!

You've come the right place if your needing help with your X. There is a lot of friendly, knowlegable people here.

Remember to post some pics of your X when it arrives. We would love to see it.

Once again, welcome.

Welcome

Congratulations.....please post pictures.

This is a great place to help get your car sorted, as most everything
has been covered here at one time or another.

Welcome to the community.

Welcome Carl

Congrats on the "new" X. From your signature, I am guessing the X is black??? Wise choice!! :)

Give us your general location (or specific if you want) and we can identify other X-heads in your area. Update: Ooops... gee if I would have looked at the upper right corner of your post I would have seen you are in KC. That means "I" am in yoiur area!! Well kinda, sorta, anyway. I am in St. Peters, Mo. About 4 hours away.

Last edited:
Welcome Carl,

There are a number of us that are retired or near retired. (or wish we were... :hmm: )

If you have any questions in the electrical department, post them here.

Also, let us know some details about your new ride. Like year, mileage, engine details, etc. :bla:
Would love to hear about it and look forward to your stories.

That's good...

I like that................"look forward to your stories."

Let's unpack that a little:

1. Stuff's going to happen, we'll be here to help.
2. You're going to spend a looooot of time on this website looking
for information, and you'll find it.
3. You will find out in short order, as will we, what condition your
car is in and what you need to do to get it fixed. As before, we'll be
here.

Welcome!

We're generally helpful and if you're a DIYer we'll have lots of tips and so forth to aid your trial-by-fire (not literally we hope). With that in mind replace your fuel lines unless you know how old they are.

As the Self-Appointed Retiree Sub-Chairman of this group...

... let me hold out my shaky hand of Welcome also.

Always looking for someone older than me to hang out here... hopefully fatter, with less hair too! (I'll do anything to look younger and thinner!)

Hey... do post fotos and ASK HERE FIRST before ya do ANYTHING. That way... in the next week or so, you won't set fire to the car out of frustration. There is always someone here that has done it before and knows how to attack any problem, better, faster, cheaper and easier. Do yourself that favor.

Again, welcome Carl... and you have a few enthusiasts nearby (relatively) that could probably be coerced into lending a hand with the offer of some Brew and Pizza.

Welcome Carl

I'm also a recent new owner and I bought the car to tinker with too and the helpful folks on this site have saved my butt a number of times already! The Search feature and the Best Of site are also very useful for digging up info that will assist you.

Welcome! Im not an X owner, but all the same, this is a great forum. Helpful group of guys (and gals). THey have helped me several times even though I dont drive an X.
I'm with JimD, just on the other side of the state.

Welcome to the X family Carl & Jeremy... interesting group of car folks, No?

Bernice

Welcome! Im not an X owner, but all the same, this is a great forum. Helpful group of guys (and gals). THey have helped me several times even though I dont drive an X.
I'm with JimD, just on the other side of the state.

Welcome and congrats

This IS the car for young retirees and this IS the place to keep it running.
Enjoy both of them

Back