NEW Outside door handle sets for sale

Chris Obert

autocrosser, X driver
Please note this posting is by a vendor!

After years of promises, a company in Italy that has reproduced the outside door handles and trunk release handle, has finally followed thru, and sent my initial order!
Frustrating for me. as they had my payment for over a year...
What I got is just as good as what Bertone used when producing these cars. The sets come with 3 keys, and are all lock matched.

Chrome handle set http://www.fiatplus.com/product.php?productid=54092&cat=&page=1
Black handle set http://www.fiatplus.com/product.php?productid=53820&cat=&page=1
I also got a couple of trunk handles only, http://www.fiatplus.com/product.php?productid=54093&cat=&page=1
and one good for parts http://www.fiatplus.com/product.php?productid=53946&cat=&page=1

If I sell out, and there is sufficient demand, I can order more, but I can't say when they would arrive... And I won't be able to guaranty the price until the order arrives and clears US Customs.

If you order off my web store it will add shipping charges for the carrier and service you choose. If you want the least expensive shipping option, please place your order by phone or email.

Chris Obert

Seem like a good deal to me if the price holds. To put it in perspective, you'd spend more to re-chrome a full set of old handles. One of the chrome shops that advertises a lot quoted me $330 for two side view mirror basses and two mirror pedestals. Eight weeks delivery! Thanks for making these parts available Chris!
11143730_1036512849709539_1110758017967561160_n.jpg

Some X cars I looked at for sale almost always had the plastic section of trunk and engine hood release broken out. The cable had broken and they thought the only way to open the bays was to get a screw driver and hammer and whack the heck out cracking the plastic.

Welcome back, Chris.

Some X cars I looked at for sale almost always had the plastic section of trunk and engine hood release broken out. The cable had broken and they thought the only way to open the bays was to get a screw driver and hammer and whack the heck out cracking the plastic.

Welcome back, Chris.

I always assumed that people cracked the plastic when they used the handles to open the engine cover or the runk, and then did not notice that the handle did not quite fully retract out of the path of the door, and then closed the door on the protruding handle, breaking the plastic.

Luckily, I haven't done that...….yet ;)

I always assumed that people cracked the plastic when they used the handles to open the engine cover or the runk, and then did not notice that the handle did not quite fully retract out of the path of the door, and then closed the door on the protruding handle, breaking the plastic.

Luckily, I haven't done that...….yet ;)
My Dad borrowed my car once and forgot to remove the key after locking the trunk. He closed the door and sheared the head off the key. It took a bit of work to get the rest of the key out but fortunately no other damage.

Welcome back, Chris.

Never went anywhere, just got really frustrated with xweb after the powers that be got mad at me for posting fitment issues about a part supplied by their preferred vendors, that did not really fit.

Don't be surprised if this comment/posting gets me black listed again, but I believe in honesty. So if this is my last posting, you will know why!

Thanks to everyone about the door handle comments, and thanks for those of you that purchased the amber side markers from my other recent posting. Looks like I will probably have these door handle sets for a while...

As always, if you need something no one else offers, ask me. But please don't ask me for technical assistance for the installation of product you don't buy from me.

I hope you understand.

Chris

Do you sell just the plastic back for the release levers or is that something that could be available?

Do you sell just the plastic back for the release levers or is that something that could be available?

Sorry Rodger, I was only offered complete handles. I did ask about individual parts when I placed my order, and was told no.
Possibly you know someone that just needs the handles and has good plastic? Then the two of you could buy a new handle, and fix both of your broken ones...

Never went anywhere, just got really frustrated with xweb after the powers that be got mad at me for posting fitment issues about a part supplied by their preferred vendors, that did not really fit.

Don't be surprised if this comment/posting gets me black listed again, but I believe in honesty. So if this is my last posting, you will know why!

Thanks to everyone about the door handle comments, and thanks for those of you that purchased the amber side markers from my other recent posting. Looks like I will probably have these door handle sets for a while...

As always, if you need something no one else offers, ask me. But please don't ask me for technical assistance for the installation of product you don't buy from me.

I hope you understand.

Chris

Chris,

Back on 06/28/2016, you sent an email to Greg Smith about your inability to log in over a period of days. The entire mod team looked for any possible explanation for your account issues within the Xweb software and none could be found. No one else was complaining of account issues at the time. You weren't blacklisted, you weren't banned, there was no moderation of your account. Whatever the problem was that prevented you from logging in back in 2016, it was on your end.

In the same email you complained that a moderator had deleted one of your posts. The post you couldn't find is still live in the WF. It was never deleted.

Greg sent an email response to you explaining both of these issues on 07/01/2016.

JimD,
Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to this post. I don't check Xweb very often, so have not seen it until today.

Yes, my last discussion by email with a moderator was on July 1, 2016, after I wrote a product review for an item that a client had asked me to install. The client also asked me to comment about how it fit. Since I was having issues with logging on, I sent it to a moderator for review.
At that time I was told:
"As for the review, we recommend not posting it. It would only cause hard feelings and the customer in your recounting got their money back etc."

The point of my product review was not the issue of (my client) getting their money back, but was to save other X1/9 owners the same installation frustration I had experienced. Possibly I understood the moderator's comment wrong, but to me the comment was saying to NOT post information like this, because the information was NOT something that moderators wanted Xweb readers to know.

I interpreted that as being blacklisted. But if I am wrong, please accept my apologies.

As for not being able to log in, I did not try again until a few months ago...

From now on I will try to keep my mouth shut, and my fingers off the keyboard, on technical issues like these. If you want to discuss comments and my understanding of them further, please contact me directly, either by email or phone, and we can keep our feelings off the FS&W forum.

Meanwhile I will assume that if I have product that I feel Xweb members may have an interest in, that I am welcome to go ahead and post it?

Chris,

Back on 06/28/2016, you sent an email to Greg Smith about your inability to log in over a period of days. The entire mod team looked for any possible explanation for your account issues within the Xweb software and none could be found. No one else was complaining of account issues at the time. You weren't blacklisted, you weren't banned, there was no moderation of your account. Whatever the problem was that prevented you from logging in back in 2016, it was on your end.

In the same email you complained that a moderator had deleted one of your posts. The post you couldn't find is still live in the WF. It was never deleted.

Greg sent an email response to you explaining both of these issues on 07/01/2016.

Back