NEW radiatorgrilles 1500 in METAL

Henk Martens

True Classic
Ciao amici,

After about 3 years of work and starting issues we finally can offer you our NEW metal 1500 X 1/9 radiatorgrilles. Our first project with the aluminium grilles was cancelled as the glue did not hold the tension in the material. So we decided to start again with a metal grille. These grilles are all handmade and welded in the Netherlands, the material is laser cut and powder coated. We tried to prepare a quality product and are very happy with the result

* radiatorgrille 1500 in 1 mm metal
* all separate parts and connections laser cut and handwelded in the Netherlands
* very good fitting and quality product
* finished with a strong black powder coating
* Euro 239 for 1/one + posting

with kind regards,

Henk Martens
X 1/9 Parts Holland

http://x19.cmsx1.nl

E-mail: martens.tuil@hetnet.nl

Last edited:
Simply marvelous Henk! Well worth the wait, because you wanted to do it right. Will be ordering a pair of them shortly for my pair of X1/9's. First I need to shuffle a bit of money around to augment my car parts fund.

I'll most likely buy one so long as shipping isn't a killer. Do you have a rough estimate of shipping to the U.S.? East Coast 08863

Very nice Henk.

Just curious why the aluminum could not be welded in the same fashion as these steel ones?

These are listed for the 1500, are you also planning some of the early style ones? Would be great for both the 1300 and the later cars with bumper delete or other mods to use the early grill. Thanks.

Ciao,

The welding of the aluminium did not work as the material melted down.
We are also working on a new production 1300 radiatorgrilles
I keep you informed

saluti,

Henk

Ciao,

The holes for the lower spoiler are near the yellow dots, this is under side
The other side is up, the radiatorgrille is a copy of the Original in metal

We are happy that many X 1/9 friends in Europe have ordered already, there are 5 radiatorgrilles left from our production…….

saluti,

Henk

Last edited:
That looks superb!

My '82 X currently has a metal front grill, which I bought via eBay many years ago. It looks nice, but the mounting points were placed so sloppily by the fabricator/seller that I need to use strong zip-ties to help keep it in place. I'm looking forward to replacing it, and the plastic grill on my '85 X, with your new properly made metal grills! You can't go wrong by perfectly mimicking the original!

The sequence of events was almost exactly the same for my metal front-spoiler. My '82 first got a somewhat sloppy metal replica from an eBay-er, then, a few years later, you created and offered a proper-fitting metal reproduction, and that's what's on my '82 X now.

Back