New seatcovers...

bb4re

86X 22,000 miles
...I ordered a set of custom seatcovers from "diamondmall" on eBay for my Dallara style conversion project. I really hated the diamond stitching in the red and black photo they use in their ad. BUT...I thought I could incorporate the stitching pattern into my own design. Below are a couple of pics of my covers (not yet on the seats). If the pics don't show clearly that these are black with orange stitching. Sort of reminiscent of Bentley upholstery.
These people will also do different stitching, as well. You can have different pleat patterns incorporated.
seatcover.jpg

seatcover2.jpg

I think they look pretty durn slick... you'll have to pop some pics with them on the seats. I think the diamond stitched pattern gives them a definite late 60's early to mid 70's vintage sportscar vibe. Very cool that they offer different color materials and threads.

Do they only offer them with the diamond pattern down the center? Or did you just not like the red diamond pattern they show on their eBay ad?

I grew up with a home ec teaching mom thinking sewing was girly crap... never learned a stitch. Now I see stuff like this and wish I had some knowledge and could dive into interior work.... :wall:

They will do any...

...sort of pleating you want. Any colors, as well. They charge extra for different patterns and such, so be prepared to pay. I paid about $400 for these. I decided I liked the diamond stitching...but only with a solid color seat. I have custom carpets on their way here, as well. They are black with orange diamond stitching in the floor wells and orange edging. They should be here sometime next week. I wll post pics of them, as well.

Thanks! I am happy with them...

...and if they fit as snuggly as they do in the pic on their eBay ad...I will be ecstatic. Probably won't get them on the seats for a week or two, but I will certainly post them when I do. Since my car will be down for several months, I was thinking about holding off on mounting them...so they don't get scuffed...but I KNOW I won't be able to wait.

They look good Thomas

Any chance your X will be ready for the next open house? :)

Installed Seat Covers

Here are pictures of the seat covers he made for my '80 X in bright white with black arm panels in vinyl. The pictures of them just after installed (not tightened completely yet:
http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt21/mffjm/?action=view&current=Upholstery.jpg

And, not a great picture, but both tightened/finished and in the car at FFO10, without any wrinkles, where it won first place in its class.
Dave
http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/...21/mffjm/?action=view&current=IMG_0102-1.jpg&

I fitted the seatcovers....

...but still need to tighten them down a hair to get rid of the few wrinkles. These are pretty good quality. I am very happy with the fit and feel.
newseat.jpg

They look pretty good Tommy...

Does he offer them WITHOUT the diamond tuck?

I'd like to see them with a simple perforated center section...

Also... If you glue on a thin layer of 1/4 inch foam to the inside of the cover (turn it inside out)... and then use a large trash bag over the seat itself... the cover will then go smooth and TIGHT!

Looks nice.

I wonder if he would do a more "normal" Italian pattern of just horizontal bands versus the diamond pattern.

As stated above...

...they will do any pattern you like. Additional charges may apply. These do have 1/4 inch foam backing sewn in. These will tighten perfectly with minor adjustments of the drawstrings. The back has a simple perforation.

Back