New Vick's Prima front brake kit for sale.

Chris Obert

autocrosser, X driver
One of my customers, who has a seriously customized X1/9, decided he wanted to upgrade the brakes. He had read good things about the Vick's Prima brakes, so he ordered up a kit. He was told when he bought them that they would fit inside the wheels he had fitted to his car (at the time), a set of CD30s.
I installed them on one side first, and discovered the wheels did not clear. I had a set of phone dials, and that wheel did fit.

He decided to "take them off", so I did.

Earlier this year in preparation for taking the club tour to the Best of France and Italy show he decided that it was time to put them on his car. He had purchased a nice set of BWA wheels, and was told they would fit.
Of course they didn't. I had a set of Iron Cross wheels, so I fitted them and did some brake pad break in while waiting for him to bring a selection of wheels from his extensive collection that we could test.

He decided he loved the BWAs too much, so off the Prima brakes came. He told me to sell them at a fair price.
Today when I google them:
I see "today's" price is $550.00. He has obviously spent a lot more than that by the time you add in shipping and my labor time.

Are you willing to pay the $550.00 for a set of these brakes that have been installed and the bedding of the pads begun? Please realize that not "all" 13" factory wheels might clear...
No matter what is clamed.
They are nice brakes, and I hear they work well on classic Fiats. They are currently sitting in a box that I believe they came in.

Please note that any offers will need to be cleared with the owner. Shipping costs, if you don't come by to pick them up, is extra. If you want to pay me for them, that's fine. If you are in California I will need to charge tax, and since I am selling them as a favor, credit cards and pay pal please add 3.5%.

My customer is a great guy who always is there for club members when they need something he can help with. Are you the guy to help him out?
I want them off my workshop floor. They are in my way. If no one here wants them I will try some 124 guys.

Not trying to be contradictive. But a quick search shows 500.00 is the current off the shelf price for these items brand new from the retailer. So why would one want to purchase even slightly used ones for more than new ones? I have these on 2 of my cars and love them. On my scorpion and my 82 spider. Just had to ask. Maybe I need to reread this over and over again because I missed something. Please understand im not being hateful, just asking.

IMG_3582.JPGIMG_0211.jpg

I'm asking $550.00, because that's what my customer paid for them, plus shipping. And when I googled them, the price was $550.00 (see link).
I honestly don't think just starting to bed in the pads makes them used. Instead, look at it as some of the work you would need to do after installation has already been started. And, a professional has confirmed that they fit together, and work.

Please note I said any offers I would need to run past the owner. If the retailer has lowered his price, and your interested in these, please tell me what you will pay.

My customer is a great guy. He has already been taken advantage of by the Fiat community. I am just trying to help him out.

I get uncomfortable when I see threads like this. If a part if offered for sale by a known Xweb member, I see no purpose in folks who are clearly not interested in the part getting involved with what the price should be. Let any potential buyer do their own due diligence and make an offer as they see fit.

By the way, I have these brakes on the front of my X and like them very much, especially on a car that needs all the braking help it can get.

I get uncomfortable when I see threads like this. If a part if offered for sale by a known Xweb member, I see no purpose in folks who are clearly not interested in the part getting involved with what the price should be. Let any potential buyer do their own due diligence and make an offer as they see fit.

By the way, I have these brakes on the front of my X and like them very much, especially on a car that needs all the braking help it can get.
Sorry, was not meant to offend. Just pointing it out for would be customers. I thought I stated that to begin with. And honestly, if the price was right I would be in the market for another set for one of my other scorpions. As previously stated. I have 2 sets and love them both. I will just refrain from commenting from now on!

Bumping, with a picture. If your considering these, but think the asking price is too high, then tell me what you will pay and I will get your offer approved!

IMG_8665[1].JPG

All items are located in Santa Cruz California USA, shipping to you is extra, unless you want to drop by with an appointment. California delivery addresses must add sales tax. Because I am a vendor I take credit cards (not AE) or pay pal. No cripto. Cash money is fine if you are here.
I reserve the right to cancel this offer at any time.

Not trying to be contradictive. But a quick search shows 500.00 is the current off the shelf price for these items brand new from the retailer. So why would one want to purchase even slightly used ones for more than new ones? I have these on 2 of my cars and love them. On my scorpion and my 82 spider. Just had to ask. Maybe I need to reread this over and over again because I missed something. Please understand im not being hateful, just asking.

View attachment 79644View attachment 79645
Beek, a question if I may, what width are your spacer(s) and did you need longer studs or bolts to suit?
I have original 13x5J Cromodoras. Are your wheels 13" as well?
Thanks,

Those are hub centric spacers I believe 15mm. I will check Monday. The longer lug bolts came with the spacers. Using them on a scorpion, and they moved the wheels out to fill the wheel wells much better. IMHO. I am using 15" wheels. But I did verify that the original 13" wheels would fit.

One of my customers, who has a seriously customized X1/9, decided he wanted to upgrade the brakes. He had read good things about the Vick's Prima brakes, so he ordered up a kit. He was told when he bought them that they would fit inside the wheels he had fitted to his car (at the time), a set of CD30s.
I installed them on one side first, and discovered the wheels did not clear. I had a set of phone dials, and that wheel did fit.

He decided to "take them off", so I did.

Earlier this year in preparation for taking the club tour to the Best of France and Italy show he decided that it was time to put them on his car. He had purchased a nice set of BWA wheels, and was told they would fit.
Of course they didn't. I had a set of Iron Cross wheels, so I fitted them and did some brake pad break in while waiting for him to bring a selection of wheels from his extensive collection that we could test.

He decided he loved the BWAs too much, so off the Prima brakes came. He told me to sell them at a fair price.
Today when I google them:
I see "today's" price is $550.00. He has obviously spent a lot more than that by the time you add in shipping and my labor time.

Are you willing to pay the $550.00 for a set of these brakes that have been installed and the bedding of the pads begun? Please realize that not "all" 13" factory wheels might clear...
No matter what is clamed.
They are nice brakes, and I hear they work well on classic Fiats. They are currently sitting in a box that I believe they came in.

Please note that any offers will need to be cleared with the owner. Shipping costs, if you don't come by to pick them up, is extra. If you want to pay me for them, that's fine. If you are in California I will need to charge tax, and since I am selling them as a favor, credit cards and pay pal please add 3.5%.

My customer is a great guy who always is there for club members when they need something he can help with. Are you the guy to help him out?
I want them off my workshop floor. They are in my way. If no one here wants them I will try some 124 guys.
I had the same experience with my CD 30s. I complained to Vicks and they let me return them.

Same with the 13inch Mawer wheels on my X. Vicks was very good about it. Instead I had brand new calipers + nice rotors + stainless steel lines + EBC Greensfuff pads installed. Working very well.

I recall from various threads over the years that a lot of "big-brake" upgrades can interfere with some 13" wheels but not all. There's several factors specific to each model of wheel that can make the difference; offset, spoke shape, casting design, etc. Likewise it will differ for various big-brake kits; caliper dimensions, mounting location, rotor size, etc. So each combination of the specific application can vary the outcome accordingly....not just the wheel diameter (e.g. 13").

Back