Nice 74 listed on Bring a Trailer

Sweet!

That looks so sweet. $9.9K is a lot for an X, but it would cost more than that to build a similar car. Dang, I which I had an extra $10K.

That's a damned good question. Wish I had as good an answer.
No doubt, if it sells I'll live to regret it.
I dreamed it, built it, drove it, and loved it.
Current interests are in another direction.
Have another X that is more daily driver friendly, not as nice, but that's why I drive it more.
Need the space in my garage.
Ya, I know, there all lame excuses but that's all I got.

In 1988 I sold an X that I had purchased new and then modded much like yours. I, too thought I was doing the "right" thing at the time because I was moving overseas for awhile. It took me about 5 years before I began to regret it. Now I'd love to have it back.

You've got a very special car. I'd seriously consider buying it if I had the time, space, and if life's timing were better. GLWS.

I hear ya

After I built my Scorpion to where I wanted it, I started driving it less and less. I think it was a combination of the end of the project (goal accomplished, now what??) and further given how much it took to build it, I knew how much it would take to replace it if it were ever in an accident.

The day it sold, I was sad - but was also happy that I sold it at it's peak - not at the bottom of the valley-of-need.

There are times I wonder where it is, what's become of it - then I come to my senses.

Since then, I've owned/driven/built many interesting cars and projects - none of which I would have done had the Scorpion continued to demand my attention.

Whether its a car or an old motorcycle
The best part of the journey is the build itself.
I'm afraid I would have needed a 10 car garage
Just for the Fiats I have had. To say nothing of the 50 or so various
sports cars and bikes I've owned.

I'm currently pared down to one bike and one X.

Chris

The comments on BAT have been most telling and interesting..

Compare these comments to those in Hemmings and others.

Bernice

Well, seems the BAT thing seems to have simmered down. Had a lot of response and interest initially.
Some really great comments to read thru, and stories from previous owners. Even got a couple emails from past owners that were not interested in buying but just wanted to reflect. That was Very cool.
Just wish I had done a better job of representing the car with the CL ad.
Oh well, there's always fee-bay.

Back