NJ Fiat Club drive - Clinton NJ 10/08

lookforjoe

True Classic
Got a reference email from Louis Teresi on this - should be fun - 56 mile drive around Clinton, NJ starting 11am at the Park & Ride. X1/9 is currently running nicely, so I'm going down. Anyone else on here going to this meet?

I'm surprised no one wrote a post-
1015171350.jpg
event summary, so here goes. We had 12 cars meet at the Clinton park and ride. It was a drizzly morning, but the precipitation stopped for our gathering. We split into two groups, "Touring" and "Track Day". With wet leaves on the roads and slippery Kumhos on my Scorpion, I opted for Touring. We had a blast! We found some of the best, narrow, twisty one and two lane roads in the state! Awesome! The Scorp felt soooo good in the switchbacks; maybe I should have opted for the Track Day group? After 2 hours of frequent up/down shifting, we stopped in Oldwick for lunch. Great sandwiches and discussion. So nice to be with others with the same affliction (Fiat-Lancia-Alfa). Back on the road for another 1.5 hours. This set of roads was more leisure oriented, but still with pretty views (Round Valley Reservoir, farms, chickens in road, etc.) The clouds never cleared. The skies were dull, but not the cars. We ended at a defunct Stewarts on Rt. 202 North, then after farewells, left for home. Unfortunately and unknowingly, my Scorp's charging system stopped died without noticed and so did my car, as I de-clutched and coasted to the shoulder. 30 minutes later, a flat bed arrived to take us home. Still, it was a great afternoon! -Rob

I hope to make one of the coming days. Sounds like a good day, in spite of the weather. I have had to work on my Mum's (new to her) house most everyday since we closed on 10/13, getting it ready for her to move in early Dec. :)

The new New Jersey chapter has recently had its 4th meeting. Seems like a great group. If you're able to make it to Dover, NJ, you should join us.
I'll post when the next meeting date is announced.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Back